ATEM Production Studio 4K will not connect through network

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mendys

ATEM Production Studio 4K will not connect through network

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 am

My ATEM Production Studio 4K will not connect to my computer through the network. It will only connect with a direct CAT5 from the computer to the switcher.

I also have the ATEM TV Studio Production that connects through the network with no problems.

I did the exact same setup on the ATEM Production Studio 4K - but it does not work.

I even called technical support, and after a lengthy step-by-step testing, it would still not connect through the network.

Any ideas?

Liam Kennedy

Re: ATEM Production Studio 4K will not connect through netwo

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 4:08 pm

You said you "did the exact same setup" as you did for the TVS. So... does that mean... your 4K is on the SAME IP ADDRESS as your TVS?

You do know you will have to change the IP address of the 4K so it is not the same (and conflicting with) your current TVS?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Mendys

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Liam Kennedy wrote:You said you "did the exact same setup" as you did for the TVS. So... does that mean... your 4K is on the SAME IP ADDRESS as your TVS?

You do know you will have to change the IP address of the 4K so it is not the same (and conflicting with) your current TVS?

Yes, I did a DIFFERENT IP ADDRESS. In fact I tried a few different IP addresses. I also tried turning off the TVS and assigning the TVS IP to the Production Studio 4k. Nothing works.

Liam Kennedy

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Sounds like the Ethernet port on the 4K is faulty then.

Mendys

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Liam Kennedy wrote:Sounds like the Ethernet port on the 4K is faulty then.

My ethernet port works with all my devices including the TVS.
Also tried changing to other working ports.
Only the Production Studio 4k isn't working.
Don't know what else to try.

Liam Kennedy

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm

No. What I am suggesting is the actual port on the ATEM 4K seems to me to be faulty.

As you said... all your other gear works with the TVS. Nothing works connected to the 4K right? Therefore... the 4K port must be wrong.

Have you been able to ping the 4K at all?

EDIT: Sorry... missread your first post where you mentioned a direct cable to the 4K works. So... that does mean the port works OK.

So... that definitely points to a configuration issue somewhere on your router or PC.

It might help if you listed all your settings here. Show the IP address/subnet/gateway for the TVS, Control Computer(s), 4K.

Mendys

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 11:06 pm

Liam Kennedy wrote:No. What I am suggesting is the actual port on the ATEM 4K seems to me to be faulty.

As you said... all your other gear works with the TVS. Nothing works connected to the 4K right? Therefore... the 4K port must be wrong.

Have you been able to ping the 4K at all?

EDIT: Sorry... missread your first post where you mentioned a direct cable to the 4K works. So... that does mean the port works OK.

So... that definitely points to a configuration issue somewhere on your router or PC.

It might help if you listed all your settings here. Show the IP address/subnet/gateway for the TVS, Control Computer(s), 4K.

Here is my setup:

ATEM Production Studio 4k
IP 192.168.1.70
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

ATEM TVS
IP 192.168.1.76
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

Computer
IP 192.168.1.170
subnet 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

Liam Kennedy

PostMon Jun 17, 2013 11:26 pm

That all looks perfect.

Just a crazy idea. Without the ATEM 4K connected to your router... what happens if you ping the IP address?

I recently setup at a client location - they gave me what was supposed to be a dedicated unused IP address. It was perfect when I first setup. Then a few hours later I lost the connection to it. It took me a while before I found out that at some time another computer was added/switched on with the very same IP address.

Mendys

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Liam Kennedy wrote:That all looks perfect.

Just a crazy idea. Without the ATEM 4K connected to your router... what happens if you ping the IP address?

I recently setup at a client location - they gave me what was supposed to be a dedicated unused IP address. It was perfect when I first setup. Then a few hours later I lost the connection to it. It took me a while before I found out that at some time another computer was added/switched on with the very same IP address.

When I Ping the ATEM 4k IP 192.168.1.70 I get:
"Destination host unreachable"

Liam Kennedy

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Oh well... it was worth a try.

Bottom line is you definitely have a LAN/Router problem. The ATEM 4K is not faulty (as you verified you can connect to it when plugged directly to it). I can almost guarantee it is likely a very simple issue with your LAN/Router - and you when you find out what the issue is you will likely kick yourself.

Return to Live Production