Ursa Studio Viewfinder

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ruben Gomez

Ursa Studio Viewfinder

PostTue May 21, 2019 4:30 pm

Hey guys,

We're testing an Ursa studio viewfinder with the Ursa broadcast camera. While I understand the screen is 1080p, I need the on screen status information to tell me the camera's resolution. It gives me everything else, including frame rate and white balance.

But the resolution it indicates is 1080P, when in fact I know the camera is set to output 4K.

Ideas?

Denny Smith

Re: Ursa Studio Viewfinder

PostTue May 21, 2019 5:14 pm

The front SDI output on the camera is 1080p HD output only, and the monitor is showing the resolution of this setting. I think you cam turn on camera overlays for the front SDI to show the same info displayed on the side monitor, which includes camera resolution/frame rate.

That said, displaying camera recording resolution on a camera operator’s Studio Viewfinder/monitor is not a usual broadcast workflow, as the Camera operator needs only to see and frame the shot, with Talley info from the switcher. Too much info on this scream be distracting to a camera operator, who is there to frame and focus the shot. She/he needs to know when they are cued and “on the air” first, have a focus aid like peaking, and if recording to camera, record indicator and timecode display.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Live Production