ATEM Television Studio HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Paul Szilard

ATEM Television Studio HD

PostFri Jun 07, 2019 7:36 am

Just bought ATEM Television Studio HD.

Unboxed it and installed s/w on my MacBook Pro 2018, running Mojave. Connected ATEM via both CAT5 and USB and started the software, which said Update available, so I clicked to update.

Update then hung with message that it failed to update. The ATEM continued to display "UPDATING", but nothing happened for 5 minutes.

I then power cycled the ATEM in the hope that it will re-start, however it won't even boot. The SET light is flashing and the fan is on max. No other indicators, and no response to any button push.

Of course this happened at 5:05pm on Friday and BMD office closed 5 minutes ago!

ANY IDEAS PLEASE???
Last edited by Tony Rivera on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for security reasons
Paul Szilard
Remkeek Media

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM Television Studio HD

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Your unit is flashed dead now. Contact your BMD regional office to send it in for a reflash of the firmware. This can only be done inside the device by a BMD technician.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

shaunbrickell

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 11:26 am

Paul I had the same issue. Remove all cables except the USB and try running the Atem installer again.
If need be uninstall the Atem software from your laptop and then reinstall again which will trigger the Atem firmware update.
Constellation 8k, 2M/E Adv Panel, URSA Broadcast, ATEM 4k PRO, ATEM TVS HD, Atem Mini, Pro & ISO, Hyperdeck Studio, UltraStudio 4k

gsimonelli

PostSat Jun 29, 2019 7:29 pm

That just happened to me and I freaked. I plugged in the usb cable and ran the update again and it came back to life.

Nickland Media

PostTue Mar 17, 2020 10:05 pm

GSIMONELLI, you made my day... I remained shocked by the fan rolling at max speed... till I read your post!! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Larry_KHCC

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 4:08 am

This happened to me to and I nearly freaked. It appears that a USB ONLY connection to the ATEM is required for the software upgrade. Ethernet is required for ATEM software control to work.

My upgrade cacked when I had both usb and network cables connected to the ATEM.

Fixitinpost

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 9:54 pm

gsimonelli wrote:That just happened to me and I freaked. I plugged in the usb cable and ran the update again and it came back to life.

This also happened to me just now when a firmware update over Ethernet failed on my brand new unit. Nothing but full fan and blinking red SET button. The above procedure worked, and it's back in business. Thank you for posting this!

siva.kiran.sai@gmail.com

PostWed Oct 13, 2021 5:37 am

gsimonelli wrote:That just happened to me and I freaked. I plugged in the usb cable and ran the update again and it came back to life.

Thanks a Lot. We are in middle of live and this happened.

Return to Live Production