ATEM Television Studio HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

WillRobinson

ATEM Television Studio HD

PostFri Jun 21, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi

I'm wondering if any one can help with a problem I'm trying to solve and so far unsatisfactorily. I am feeding a video signal through one of the HDMI inputs. We have a number of clips of various people Sat in a chair. The chair legs are required to be extended so that they appear square with the persons feet as it was shot at the wrong angle. The clips are shot so that the background is black (completely crushed). I tried to make a Fill source / Key Source which is essentially two chair leg stubs on a black background 1920x1080 png file. When I try to use either upstream or downstream keying I'm not able to make the chair leg stubs easily appear behind the source video (non black content) as I would want. So that if the persons foot moves across, the foot appears in front of the chair stub.
The best I can do is to select the Fill source to be the png file and the Key Source the actual source video feed. I then set the Clip value to around 13% and the gain to 100% whilst selecting invert. If you see the attached file. You can see that the persons right foot is ahead of the stub, whilst the left stub is in view. However the colour match is awful probably due to saturation.

Any Thoughts?
ChairlegStubs.PNG
ChairlegStubs.PNG (928.2 KiB) Viewed 706 times

Return to Live Production