Teranex Mini Analog to SDI 12G — Video output Issues

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

gnarly6154

Teranex Mini Analog to SDI 12G — Video output Issues

PostMon Jun 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi all,

First post & appreciate in advance any tips or ideas. Might be missing something obvious.

Recently purchased the Teranex Mini Analog to SDI 12G in hopes of upconverting some analog media.

My setup is as follows:
Analog output (VCR or MiniDV cam) ---> Mini AV to RCA cable ---> Teranex Mini using BNC to RCA converter ---> SDI output to Atomos Shogun 4k Recorder.

The signal is outputted from the Analog source to the Shogun Recorder, however it is in Black & White and only at 1080p. My desired result is a) The full color image and b) 4k upconvert.

Could my issue be the capture device (Shogun)? It is a 4k recorder so my guess would say the Teranex is not set properly or I'm connecting things not as I should. I've adjusted settings in the latest Teranex firmware via USB but seeing no options for helping either issue.

Any input or suggestions would be great!
Thank you

gnarly6154

Re: Teranex Mini Analog to SDI 12G — Video output Issues

PostMon Jun 24, 2019 8:04 pm

Or perhaps I need a more specific SDI cable? One designed for 12G information?

Xtreemtec

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 11:58 am

Black and white could indicate 2 things.
1) You output S-VIDEO from the deck. Which makes it that you need to connect 2 cables instead of 1.
2) You accidentally hit button 1 or 2 on the front panel of the Teranex mini. (If you have added the frontpanel). By default there is a B&W LUT loaded from factory. Had this once on a job could not figure out what happend and why i lost the colors ( Optical to HDMI output) Until i found that by accident LUT was applied.

Not sure if you can force it to UHD mode. ( guess so because it is a Teranex. ) So check your settings.. Somewhere is a Force UHD...
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

gnarly6154

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 3:00 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Not sure, still — as we're outputting RCA/AV, not S-Video and no front panel is installed, so don't think it's the LUT. Some interesting aliasing/lines, as well.

Attaching a sample image:
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 9.58.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 9.58.29 AM.png (929.82 KiB) Viewed 1476 times

4Dmedia

PostMon Apr 20, 2020 12:20 am

Were you able to figure it out? I'd be curious to know/understand what was causing your problems.

Thanks.

Return to Live Production