Intensity Shuttle doesn't work on Renesas 3 Based HP

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

GimR

Intensity Shuttle doesn't work on Renesas 3 Based HP

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 4:29 pm

I have a Dell at home with Renesas USB 3.0 ports and I've installed the Shuttle just fine.

The HP was made at around the same time. I did everything by the book, updated the driver to 2.1.8(I think that's the number) I updated the USB's Firmware to its latest version.

Then I installed the Black Magic Software and drivers with out the shuttle plugged in. Restarted the computer, plugged in the shuttle, and when windows started all the drivers installed perfectly.

I had an rca output from the black magic going into into my tv and the black magic logo showed up on my tv.

But, the black magic control panel is NOT recognizing the black magic. SO when I try to see it in the bundled software it does not show the device as connected (Even though just before that the drivers installed because the computer recognized it as connected) It comes up as a black screen in XSplit and OBS. And yes I DO have it on the correct settings. I've done this 1000 times on my other laptop. Regardless of settings it's not showing up in the Black Magic Control panel which is a huge problem.

Anyone experience this before?

Adam Simmons

Re: Intensity Shuttle doesn't work on Renesas 3 Based HP

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 6:15 pm

If it's not showing up in the BM control panel then it's not being seen by Windows properly. Check in 'Sound, Video & Game controllers' you should have 3 BM devices showing up in there, if you don't then try unplugging and replugging in a few times. If it's still not working after that then it means either your USB 3 driver is the wrong one, or it's not compatible. What is the actual make of the USB 3 controller as well as the driver version
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to Live Production