Can't adjust dark video in Blackmagic Atem HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

DeeJay4352

Can't adjust dark video in Blackmagic Atem HD

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi all,

Very new to not only this forum but ATEMS and somewhat live streaming also. My church purchased the Blackmagic ATEM Studio and a new camcorder, the Canon Vixia G50. I'm using the G50 and our older camcorder in 1080i and can see both cameras in multi-view on our tv screen. The problem I'm having is that the video brightness and color looks great on both camcorders screens and the tv but the video streaming through BoxCaster is very dark. I've tried using the ATEM's camera controls but nothing changes the video quality. The little button under each camera does move sideways and up and down but there is no change in the video brightness or color or anything at all. I've tried adjusting the camera itself but only get very little change that way. I don't have any clue why I can't change the video brightness and contrast at all. Hope you all can help or give me some other things to try. An I missing something?

Thanks so much for your help.
Debbie (DeeJay4352)

Xtreemtec

Re: Can't adjust dark video in Blackmagic Atem HD

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Debbie that Camera control is ONLY for BMD cameras. This is a special protocol developed by BMD to control their cameras and not compatible with Canon Vixia or other handycams.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Blair Christensen

Re: Can't adjust dark video in Blackmagic Atem HD

PostTue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 am

If the video looks fine at the camera and on the ATEM multiviewer, the issue is obviously further down the chain (ie. probably with the BoxCaster). Are there any devices between the ATEM and BoxCaster? Have you tried viewing the stream on more than one device?

Return to Live Production