CCU Shading ATEM/ BMD Cameras Coms

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

TJHCAMERA

CCU Shading ATEM/ BMD Cameras Coms

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 am

Hi Brains Trust

Me again with my next question in the series of things that im ticking of my list.

So if i use the ATEM Studio/ Camera Converters and the studio cameras and in someone ways the URSA (But i would probably go external coms) but if i use that combination will it work threw multiple matrixes.

So in this case i have a CCU location that's about 25m from my production rack so it will go camera into the ATEM studio converters (for coms with CCU operator then) then into matrix for local switching then out of the matrix into either fiber or Copper not sure yet into another matrix into the ATEM switcher will the coms travel trough this system?

If not what is the exact limitation is it only converter to switcher?

Thanks
Trav

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: CCU Shading ATEM/ BMD Cameras Coms

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm

Hello Travis. It should not be a problem passing ATEM CCU, Tally and Talkback through devices such as Videohubs (routing switchers) and DAs (Distribution Amplifiers). None of our equipment like that will strip the data. Devices like scalers and HDMI converters will probably not pass the data so you should stay within the SDI (and fiber SDI) range of gear. If you have a specific device in mind you are concerned with, you might pass it along here.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production