Question about Camera Control and Smart Hub

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

CPCCMedia

Question about Camera Control and Smart Hub

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Looking at installing a Blackmagic system at our church: ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher, 1 M/E Advanced Panel, Camera Control Panel, Smart Hub 40x40, and two URSA Broadcast cameras, plus some Macs for ProPresenter and other graphics.

In reading the documentation about the production switcher, it looks like you get camera control by sending the program feed through a second SDI connection to the URSA Broadcast - one SDI out for the camera feed into the switcher, and one SDI in for the program feed/camera control into the camera. We'll be routing all of our signals through the 40x40, and my question is, can I send one of the SDI program outs on the Production Switcher into the 40x40, assign it to the SDI ins on the two URSA cameras and get camera control capability?

Does camera control work going through the smart hub, or does it need to be a direct run? Can I use the same program feed through the hub to get control of both cameras, or do I need a separate SDI program feeds for each camera?

Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Xtreemtec

Re: Question about Camera Control and Smart Hub

PostWed Jul 17, 2019 6:51 pm

You are right on the money. :) The videohub will pass those control signals for you. And yes you can use the videohub as a splitter to go 1 PGM out to many outputs / ursas.

Dont forget to set the Camera ID's for each camera so they take the right control data. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production