ATEM selective Audio Link

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Bobbitz

ATEM selective Audio Link

PostMon Aug 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my setup:
Cameras 1 through 5 all Focus on a speaker from different angles. Audio for all cameras is XLR in coming from a mixer.
Camera 6 is facing the other way, facing the crowd
Camera 7 is a far away view of landscape used as Pause.BG when speakers change.

Is it possible to have XLR Audio for cameras 1 through 5 but when cutting to camera 6 (or 7) im am getting their camera audio? SO but eXLR and switch to camera audio?

From what I understand "Audio follows camera" can only be turned on or off globally… 

Thanks for your help!

Boris

Bobbitz

Re: ATEM selective Audio Link

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 4:40 pm

Anybody got an idea? Could maybe Macros do the trick?

Cheers Boris

pederdingo

PostWed Aug 28, 2019 7:40 pm

I'm not sure this would work, but which switcher to you have?
If you have an M/E row to spare maybe you could put on camera 6 from perhaps M/E3 and then have an invisible key af camera 5 on M/E3.
Then instead of mixing to camera 6 you would mix to M/E3. I have no idea if this works with audio, but it works with tally :)

Dave Del Vecchio

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 1:31 am

Each video input source has an AFV (audio follows video button) below the audio meter for that source (in the Audio section of the ATEM software control panel). Enabling AFV for a video input means that when you switch to that video input, the audio from that input will be added to the overall audio mix.

The AFV button underneath the Master audio meters is just used to enable audio muting when fade to black (FTB) is pressed. So when you fade-to-black with AFV enabled on the Master audio mix, the audio output from the switcher would be muted. When coming back from black, the master audio output would be turned back on. The AFV buttons for individual video sources still apply, regardless of the setting for the AFV button under the Master audio meter.

So for the setup you described, you should be able to enable AFV for Cameras 6 and 7 and then when switching to those cameras their audio would be added to the audio mix. If you want to mute the audio from the XLR input when switching to Cameras 6 and 7, you will likely need to use a macro for this (otherwise the XLR audio would stay on the entire time).

Bobbitz

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 6:30 am

My Mixer is a ATEM Studio TV Studio HD.

Thank you guys for the input. I think too, that Makros are the way to go. Use Macro whenever I switch to Cam 6 or 7 that mutes XLR IN and vice versa when going back. I'll give a try and keep you posted!

Thanks Boris

Return to Live Production