Up Down Cross HD dropping signal

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Chris Colvin

Up Down Cross HD dropping signal

PostThu Aug 29, 2019 8:01 pm

I have a signal chain comprising, in this order, a couple of iMac’s running into a Barco DCS200 switcher feeding a Kramer VM400 HDCP DVI distribution amplifier.
An output of which is feeding the BMD Up Down Cross HD via a DVI to HDMI cable.
The signal is then fed to an Epiphan Pearl presentation recorder in another room via a BMD fiber converter.

The Barco switcher has HDCP switched off and is outputting 1920x1080 at 50hz. The Kramer DA has performed an EDID read and the BMD Up Down Cross HD is set to output 1920x1080p50.

On the Epiphan recorder, the signal drops to black and re-appears every 10-15 seconds or so.

The specs on the BMD say it can handle computer resolutions up to 1080p60 so should be compatible.
I’m assuming the Barco switcher is outputting RGB colorspace and I’m using the BMD cross to convert the colourspace from RGB to video to go over the fiber link.

If I replace the BMD Cross with a borrowed Datavideo DAC70 cross converter set to the same 1080p50, the problem is resolved and the image is solid.

I’m convinced the problem has nothing to do with HDCP as it has been disabled and other non compliant devices in the system such as monitors display the signal fine.

Would anyone have any thoughts as to what the problem may be? It seems to be something to do with the capabilities of the BMD UDX HD.

Many thanks.
Chris

Return to Live Production