Start a New Project "best Gear"?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rtvrecords

Start a New Project "best Gear"?

PostMon Sep 02, 2019 10:17 am

Hi guys im starting a new project a livestream in karting! for youtube and facebook, 5 camaras in really good quality

What is the best gear for a good quality ultra HD, with a good and long fiber cables because we need to put the camaras in 300 mt from the "station".

I imagine something like this

1 - ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K or UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3? can you guys tell me the diference?
3 - SONY PRO PXW-Z190
1 - Macbook Pro
3 - NITROTECH N12 & TREPIED DOUBLE TUBE 545
1 - Wirecast
1 - Motorola XT420 walkie-talkie Six Pack charger
2 - PTZ camaras - can you guys tell me a good camara ?
1 - PTZ Controller

For the fiber cable i imagine that 1 cable with blackmagic mini converter optical fiber 12G-SDI for connect the switch and camara?

What you guys think?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Start a New Project "best Gear"?

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 10:21 pm

A possibly helpful bump for you here and some info. If there is not another user that can provide some guidance for you, it may be worth contacting a reseller in your area or a systems integrator to help with selecting the right products.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Xtreemtec

Re: Start a New Project "best Gear"?

PostMon Sep 09, 2019 3:54 pm

You want to do Ultra HD, but are you aware your Sony PXW-Z190 don't have a 4K output? These units are HD output only!!

The Z280 does have a 12G-SDI output ;)

Television Studio Pro 4k would be the mixer,
Ultra Studio 4K is only a capture box. Not a video mixer.

I would not go for walkie talkies. The audio is very small banded and is very hard to hear in loud environments, unless you invest in very expensive heavy duty headsets. Still audio is small banded and sounds crap.

For Fiber it is 1 cable per camera. Go for some heavy duty fiber cable and not just LC cables, They will damage and break in no time. :|

For example look at FieldCast Fiber. We use it now for several years in rental environment.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production