Web presenter video problem

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JanisT

Web presenter video problem

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Hello!
Got my Atem studio and web presenter. All 5 cameras works perfect. All connected to Pc i can use my internet and usa Atem control pannel. Everything looks ok.

There is on problem with web presenter video signal. Moving camera slowly left and right I can see video is choppy and little bit glitchy. Tested on all my 3 PC imac and mac. Now come back from my sisters kid and tested on gammers PC same problem. What could be wrong. Got 5 usb cables. Ordered last night 1m long usb. Same problem. Played with different cameras hdmi sdi. Changed different frames- looks like no motion blur at all.

One word my mobile phone gets better results. I spent £7.000 but quality is poor.
Will contact with BM tomorrow will see what answers they can give me.

Thanks

sfmdigital

Re: Web presenter video problem

PostWed Sep 18, 2019 5:06 pm

I am really surprised that no-one else is picking up on this problem with Web Presenter. We bought 2 in order to run 2 live streams to Vimeo/Livestream for a huge event last weekend. The video with the Web Presenters was sticky - like it was losing frames but Wirecast (we use for encoding) indicated no dropped frames - end result was jumpy video. We had to abandon the Web Presenters and use BM mini recorders which were perfect - super smooth video.
Why has no-one else picked up on this problem? We paid a lot to get a professional hardware encoder but its not good enough and wirecast works better with a cheap BM recorder -odd?

JanisT

PostWed Sep 18, 2019 5:16 pm

Can you test your web presenter without any software. Use as webcam. Crops video on facebook and appears as 360p not 720p. BM said it's google chrome problem. Bulshit my Logitech c920 works beter than web presenter. Don't waste your money and time. Return back to shop.

jaytaylorthe1

PostFri Sep 27, 2019 1:37 pm

I was having a similar bad experience like the original poster, but realized I was using a USB cable bought over ten years ago. A new cable fixed the bad image issues. However it is still cropping a bit of the sides of my 720 feed, even tried a different browser to no avail.

Return to Live Production