New User Questions

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Adiofr3ak

New User Questions

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 12:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to this and need a little bit of help. I am a school tech and our school purchased this equipment recently and I’m having an issue figuring out something with the upstream key. The equipment we are using is the ATEM Television Studio HD. Previously we had a tricaster that had separate chroma keys for each camera input, however this software only seems to have 1. I’ve done quite a bit of searching but the question I can’t seem to answer is whether or not I can setup the system to use a separate chroma key for each camera. Our current setup only uses 2 cameras that we switch back and forth between, but they are both green screens and currently I don’t know how to set them up with their own keys. I’ve seen talk of ppl using macros (along with other software I think?), but I’m not sure where to begin. I’m good with computers, but my knowledge in this area is fairly entry level. Any tips for how I can accomplish this?

Andrew Martin

Re: New User Questions

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Basically no. Your stuck with the one image.

However you can make use of macros where you switch the key image your using for the second shot differing from the first shot, then take that combination to program. All in one click using macros.

You'll have to create two macros from the bare setup, as macros can't take the current atem settings as a starting point.
use the macros to cut / transition each shot.

From my mobile using Tapatalk

Adiofr3ak

Re: New User Questions

PostMon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Okay, that’s what I figured. The background image is the same for both, it really is just swapping the camera from 1 to 2 and adjusting the key slightly as they aren’t quite the same.

Is there somewhere you can point me to so I can learn more about how to setup the macros for this? I’ve looked around and there’s a ton of information on this but it’s difficult to decipher what applies to this situation and what doesn’t.

Thanks for your help!

Return to Live Production