Camera v1.5.1 available

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Robert Niessner

Re: Camera v1.5.1 available

PostThu Nov 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Should be fine now I heard, can't confirm myself as I have the BMCC not the BMPC.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

MetaVeritasFilms

PostThu Nov 28, 2013 11:29 pm

streetlightmedia wrote:A lot of people bitch about the audio issues with the camera but professionally I've always ran dual sound which isn't even my department. I think that it being a "Digital Cinema Camera" they should focus on features that cinematographers need but are just too polite to constantly bitch about. But seeing all this complaining about a Cinema Camera's audio issues I'll ask for the professional features that this camera could use. Feel free to add...
1.) SMPTE BARS!!! - only seen like two people ask for this but it is on EVER professional digital cinema camera.
2.) Formatting in Camera - not entirely a pain the ass but useful
3.) Time Remaining on Card or Card Percentage Full - this is just unbelievable that it's not on there my iphone does this
4.) 4:3 readout of sensor for Anamorphic. - This would be killer and put blackmagic into a whole other demographic. It has a 4:3 sensor which few cinema cameras have so might as well use it! Make DPs reach for it because of that feature.
5.) Option to output interlaced when in 23.98p mode - a lot of monitors that aren't new can't handle it. (The panasonic monitor everyone uses on set can't handle 1080 and won't display the waveform, but it is old :lol: )
6.) Waveform!!! - Histogram is for still cameras and the zebras aren't great. Would be so amazing if I could see what the sensor is seeing before it applies the Rec. 709 or LOG lut to the monitor.
7.) 2k/2.5k ProRes 4444 - This would be awesome and save some space. Alot of project don't need RAW but 4:2:2 HD doesn't quite cut it.
8.) Framing guides - useful for 2.35 masking and if you don't do a sensor readout in 4:3 then at least a framing mask for it.
9.) Rec. 709 down the pipe - it's kind of dumb that I can choose Rec. 709 but the footage that goes to the directors monitor is still in LOG space. it's annoying and unprofessional having to explain to the director why it looks so flat and desaturated.
10.) FIX THE HIGHLIGHT BLACK HOLES - this is soooooooooo stupid and their is no excuse as the pocket has had it fixed for a month.
11.) 60p/120p - If it's possible you guys would steal the market away from the fs-700 which couldn't be bad for business. Even if it's like 8bit H.264 it's the same the fs-700 shoots which looks decent enough and the only thing under $50k that can do it.

I picked the 2.5k over the 4k because I value dynamic range and color range over resolution which is why I didn't buy a RED Scarlet. It is currently the professional camera in your line up and you should treat it as such. You don't see (as stupid as they are) RED updating the scarlet constantly but leaving the epic in the dark for months and years. Or sony updating their fs700 and ignoring their f55 and f65. Blackmagic is a company that sits up there with the big boys proudly in the post world and is found in every major post house somewhere. I don't know what's going on but there is no reason you couldn't do the same thing with your cameras. Stop focusing on your children's toys and focus on what will make your company successful in the industry, doing it better for cheap. ;)

Awesome list and great points! Although I'm grateful the update addresses the problem with shooting at 23.98 and 24 fps (I've been digging for a solution for the past 2 days), I think it's sad to hear the updates are being neglected for the BMCC; I don't own one the BMCC. I also agree with shooting dual audio- it's just better control that way.

shayanjameel08

PostSat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 am

The Nikon 1 V1 has a clean, sophisticated ... but it really slows the camera down. Motion Snapshot is one of those foolish features engineers...!

MetaVeritasFilms

PostSat Nov 30, 2013 10:03 pm

So far, the update has made filming at 23.98 and 24 fps at 180-degree shutter angle much better than before. However, I still experience some dropped frames at the beginning of the clip (sometimes up to 10 seconds) before righting itself, but is usually more prominent and prolonged on the first shots as if the camera is "warming up" to shoot. This is also true of the strange motion blur on these settings as well. Overall, it's much more useable than before, so good job on that, but I hope it is still worked on to fix the discrepancies and possibly find a way for us to use other SD cards for RAW (I can't use my 128GB 90MB/s SD card because it is not a Sandisk).

Denny Smith

PostMon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 pm

MetaVeritasFilms wrote:So far, the update has made filming at 23.98 and 24 fps at 180-degree shutter angle much better than before. However, I still experience some dropped frames at the beginning of the clip (sometimes up to 10 seconds) before righting itself, but is usually more prominent and prolonged on the first shots as if the camera is "warming up" to shoot. This is also true of the strange motion blur on these settings as well. Overall, it's much more useable than before, so good job on that, but I hope it is still worked on to fix the discrepancies and possibly find a way for us to use other SD cards for RAW (I can't use my 128GB 90MB/s SD card because it is not a Sandisk).

With film cameras, and early video cameras, you had to "pre-roll" the camera to get film/tape up to speed, then call for "action!". Doing this would eliminate dropped frames issue at start, as you would not use pre-roll footage anyway.
I still always pre-roll a camera by 15-30 seconds, old habits die hard!
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

David Dearing

PostMon Dec 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Denny wrote:
With film cameras, and early video cameras, you had to "pre-roll" the camera to get film/tape up to speed, then call for "action!". Doing this would eliminate dropped frames issue at start, as you would not use pre-roll footage anyway.

I had a film crew come in and do a safety video for one of my power plants a few years ago. They were using a nice camera with a solid state drive (can't remember what one). Every time the "director" shot a scene, he'd say "roll..... speed? (the cameraman would nod and roll his eyes).... action!"

The second day I asked him, "Don't you have a solid state drive? Why the 'roll/speed' stuff?"

"Habit" he replied. so you're not alone. lol
David Dearing
DJI Mavic Pro
BMPCC w/12-35mm Lumix HD

OneShot.tv

PostTue Dec 03, 2013 5:34 pm

streetlightmedia wrote:A lot of people bitch about the audio issues with the camera but professionally I've always ran dual sound which isn't even my department. I think that it being a "Digital Cinema Camera" they should focus on features that cinematographers need but are just too polite to constantly bitch about. But seeing all this complaining about a Cinema Camera's audio issues I'll ask for the professional features that this camera could use. Feel free to add...
1.) SMPTE BARS!!! - only seen like two people ask for this but it is on EVER professional digital cinema camera.
3.) Time Remaining on Card or Card Percentage Full - this is just unbelievable that it's not on there my iphone does this
4.) 4:3 readout of sensor for Anamorphic. - This would be killer and put blackmagic into a whole other demographic. It has a 4:3 sensor which few cinema cameras have so might as well use it! Make DPs reach for it because of that feature.
5.) Option to output interlaced when in 23.98p mode - a lot of monitors that aren't new can't handle it. (The panasonic monitor everyone uses on set can't handle 1080 and won't display the waveform, but it is old :lol: )
6.) Waveform!!! - Histogram is for still cameras and the zebras aren't great. Would be so amazing if I could see what the sensor is seeing before it applies the Rec. 709 or LOG lut to the monitor.
7.) 2k/2.5k ProRes 4444 - This would be awesome and save some space. Alot of project don't need RAW but 4:2:2 HD doesn't quite cut it.
8.) Framing guides - useful for 2.35 masking and if you don't do a sensor readout in 4:3 then at least a framing mask for it.
9.) Rec. 709 down the pipe - it's kind of dumb that I can choose Rec. 709 but the footage that goes to the directors monitor is still in LOG space. it's annoying and unprofessional having to explain to the director why it looks so flat and desaturated.
10.) FIX THE HIGHLIGHT BLACK HOLES - this is soooooooooo stupid and their is no excuse as the pocket has had it fixed for a month.
11.) 60p/120p - If it's possible you guys would steal the market away from the fs-700 which couldn't be bad for business. Even if it's like 8bit H.264 it's the same the fs-700 shoots which looks decent enough and the only thing under $50k that can do it.

I picked the 2.5k over the 4k because I value dynamic range and color range over resolution which is why I didn't buy a RED Scarlet. It is currently the professional camera in your line up and you should treat it as such. You don't see (as stupid as they are) RED updating the scarlet constantly but leaving the epic in the dark for months and years. Or sony updating their fs700 and ignoring their f55 and f65. Blackmagic is a company that sits up there with the big boys proudly in the post world and is found in every major post house somewhere. I don't know what's going on but there is no reason you couldn't do the same thing with your cameras. Stop focusing on your children's toys and focus on what will make your company successful in the industry, doing it better for cheap. ;)

I agree :)! Especially point 10…. Pocket Camera gets a fix (and some others) straight away, BMCC gets no update. The black sun is really bad. All the other missing options are all do-able. But the black sun.. thats not good :P
Greetings,

Joas

OneShot Media
to convince

www.oneshot.tv

Juan Rojas Mancha

PostTue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 pm

And were is the more Lens compatibility for EF Mount, why buy a EF Mount Version if its not compatible with the most importants lens of canon......

Nick Bedford

PostWed Dec 04, 2013 5:33 am

c131frdave wrote:
Denny wrote:

I had a film crew come in and do a safety video for one of my power plants a few years ago. They were using a nice camera with a solid state drive (can't remember what one). Every time the "director" shot a scene, he'd say "roll..... speed? (the cameraman would nod and roll his eyes).... action!"

The second day I asked him, "Don't you have a solid state drive? Why the 'roll/speed' stuff?"

"Habit" he replied. so you're not alone. lol

I say "rolling" and I've never shot a roll of motion picture film in my life ;-) I haven't had to say "speed" yet though...
Nick Bedford, Photographer
http://www.nickbedford.com/

Kofa

PostThu Dec 05, 2013 6:41 pm

vasillio wrote:i can go back to shooting 180 now , do you guys still recommend 178 at 23.98? or is 180/24p fine now?

I've been shooting at 24fps at 180. Looks good.
@misterkofa
junegemini.com

shanepeters@bellsouth.net

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 2:18 am

what some call "old habits" others call standard communiction. "roll camera" means engage record, speed means you see timecode running indicating you are rolling. and ready to work the cam.

Mac Jaeger

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 3:07 pm

You could even say "Kowalski!", as long as all personell understood that signal - but as it is, film crews are used to other signals... ;-)

Nikolay Smirnov

PostFri Dec 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Am I colorblind, or did the red became red in the new firmware at BMCC?
DoP/Colorist
FADE Post-production

LoganStewartDP

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 3:18 am

Nikolay Smirnov wrote:Am I colorblind, or did the red became red in the new firmware at BMCC?

What new firmware.... :lol:
Logan Stewart DP
Variables Of Light LLC
www.variablesoflight.com

Rob Ford

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 5:52 am

Mac Jaeger wrote:You could even say "Kowalski!", as long as all personell understood that signal - but as it is, film crews are used to other signals... ;-)

Point is there is a standard, and if you say Kowalski, most people probably won't know your standard. Which is basically your point (!)

Mac Jaeger

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 10:44 am

Exactly my point :-)

(and "Kowalski" is sort of a lokal joke...)

Nikolay Smirnov

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 pm

streetlightmedia wrote:
Nikolay Smirnov wrote:Am I colorblind, or did the red became red in the new firmware at BMCC?

What new firmware.... :lol:

The thread you.are actually posting at.
DoP/Colorist
FADE Post-production

Mac Jaeger

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 6:01 pm

I think he's referring to the fact that this firmware didn't (officially) adress the BMCC 2k5 at all...

Nikolay Smirnov

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Mac Jaeger wrote:I think he's referring to the fact that this firmware didn't (officially) adress the BMCC 2k5 at all...

yea it didn't. "officially".

But if you have a BMCC, check the red color test out. It's not orange at mine now.
DoP/Colorist
FADE Post-production

Mac Jaeger

PostSat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 pm

That's great news, as it means that BMD are silently fixing bugs for both cameras and didn't abandon their first born chi... camera.

I wonder why they didn't make the changes public though? Or could it be a change in a different place, e.g. a better LUT in resolve?

Jason R. Johnston

PostSun Dec 08, 2013 1:46 am

I dont think bmd's abandoned bmcc at all. I think theyre hard at work addressing issues and want to button it all down before release. No worries! :)
JASONRJOHNSTON.COM | CINEMATOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR | COLORIST
RED Komodo | DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 | 2023 MacBook M2 Pro 14

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Dec 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Morning all:

We are definitely hard at work on updates to the Blackmagic Cinema Cameras.

When updates are ready, we post them on the support page and will let people know here on the forum.

Thanks.

Terry

bhook

PostMon Dec 09, 2013 3:50 pm

So, did v1.5.1 "fix" the red problem in the BMCC?

Nevermind. I just saw your post in the other thread.

Oscar Romero

PostMon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Terry Frechette wrote:Morning all:

When updates are ready, we post them on the support page and will let people know here on the forum.

Thanks.

Terry

OMG!!! OMG!!! Can't wait :roll:

joechiazza

PostMon Dec 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks.

Terry

Seriously can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grzegorz Styczen

PostTue Dec 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition
There's a hunger still unsatisfied
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon
Though down this road we've been so many times

(can't wait, too of course :P curious..)

David Dearing

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Cheers to Terry! This is the kind of stuff you need to do more often. People bitch because they don't hear anything. Dangle a carrot in front of their nose and they'll stand on the hind legs with a smile indefinitely.
David Dearing
DJI Mavic Pro
BMPCC w/12-35mm Lumix HD

rick.lang

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Grzegorz Styczen wrote:Encumbered forever by desire and ambition

Grzegorz, nice touch. I was wondering, if you offer beautiful poetry for just a firmware update, what would you offer for those awaiting the BMPC4K camera?

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Grzegorz Styczen

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 8:30 pm

rick.lang wrote:
Grzegorz Styczen wrote:Encumbered forever by desire and ambition

Grzegorz, nice touch. I was wondering, if you offer beautiful poetry for just a firmware update, what would you offer for those awaiting the BMPC4K camera?

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nothing you can get without prescription...

Peter Kent

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Thanks for the quick fix BMD, I'm glad to see you guys on top of this and hope to see something soon about the Pink/Purple grid issue when recording flares. Then I can finally take this off the shelf and back in the field :D

gr8pics

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Kristian Lam wrote:Hi guys,

Blackmagic Camera v1.5.1 has just been released.

This is just a quick update to address an issue with the weird motion blur observed when shooting at 180º shutter angle in 23.98 and 24 fps on the Pocket Cinema Camera.

There are NO changes to the Blackmagic Cinema Camera in this release.

I strongly recommend running the uninstaller first before installing the new software.

Thanks

You should also look into this problem and release a fix ASAP!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14967
Chris D
www.medicall-app.com

Chris Chiasson

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 5:04 am

This is slightly off topic, but is there a way to make sure you're downloading v1.51 into your camera? I noticed the Camera Utility doesn't really answer that question.

gr8pics

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 9:29 am

On the task bar at the top left corner in Camera Utility "about" ;)
Chris D
www.medicall-app.com

Fred Trevino

PostSat Dec 14, 2013 2:43 pm

My feeling is that it should come next week! If not next week then there will be a very tight window to release it and the 4K in Q4. Imagine they'd release both together. Just a hunch....
Fred | Da Vinci Resolve Colorist | Brooklyn, NY
Mac Studio M1 Max w/ 10 Core CPU, 24 Core GPU
32GB RAM, OS 13.5.2, Resolve Studio 18.6.1
Mini Monitor 4K, Flanders Scientific monitor, Micro Panel

BetaEcho

PostTue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 am

Oscar Romero wrote:

Thanks.

Terry

OMG!!! OMG!!! Can't wait :roll:

Please and thank you.

muratcangokce

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello to so called "hardworking" people at Blackmagic!

Are planning to bring compressed raw recording and other features to original, 2,5k, forgotten, who gives a f*ck about it blackmagic cinema camera or shall we throw our cameras to streets and smash them?

we didn't pay those cameras only to having them. there should be some support not only for bad cameras and also to add new features which should be added with firmwares but there is nobody seem care about it.

otherwise you make all of your customers feeling cheated. please let's do something about 2,5 Cinema Camera. There is still some people buying (they shouldn't know anything about your policies because they are still buying them) and using it!

Do not ignore us! We didn't buy those cameras to be ignored!
www.muratcan.film

gr8pics

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 8:15 pm

muratcangokce wrote:Hello to so called "hardworking" people at Blackmagic!

Are planning to bring compressed raw recording and other features to original, 2,5k, forgotten, who gives a f*ck about it blackmagic cinema camera or shall we throw our cameras to streets and smash them?

we didn't pay those cameras only to having them. there should be some support not only for bad cameras and also to add new features which should be added with firmwares but there is nobody seem care about it.

otherwise you make all of your customers feeling cheated. please let's do something about 2,5 Cinema Camera. There is still some people buying (they shouldn't know anything about your policies because they are still buying them) and using it!

You are referring to it, as its not using its fully potential?
Chris D
www.medicall-app.com

muratcangokce

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 pm

gr8pics wrote:

You are referring to it, as its not using its fully potential?

Compressed raw is almost half of uncompessed raw in case of filesize.
they are always fixing something on pocket cam while ignoring all problems and lack of features on 2,5k cinema camera.

so it is not fair! they make all of its users feel as idiots.

now I am thinking about selling my 2,5k bmcc and buying a bmpcc instead of this. but since they cut its price when I am selling my camera, ssd, dock and batteries it makes just a few more bucks of the cost of a bmpcc, reliable and raw shooting capability sds, lots of crappy el20 batteries and dual chargers for them.

and I am only getting 1080HD compressed raw and ability of using s16 lenses in consideration if these...

there is still no audio meters, no chance to choose lut on sdi output, compressed dng and there is still lack of wb presets and promises which are broken...

and they are still fixing bugs of bmpcc.

unbelievable..
www.muratcan.film

joechiazza

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 8:38 pm

They've stated many times that they are working on an update for the 2.5k cam. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm thinking since it's taking so long that it will be a really major update. I hope so anyways. Otherwise I love the camera regardless.

muratcangokce

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 8:55 pm

joechiazza wrote:They've stated many times that they are working on an update for the 2.5k cam. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm thinking since it's taking so long that it will be a really major update. I hope so anyways. Otherwise I love the camera regardless.

they stated it since when camera started to shipping properly. they are not able to do anything just in the time that they gave people. there are very few people left who believes these lies.

otherwise I also love my camera too but it is not performing like it should because of bmd.
they produced a camera and they left it how it is like...
www.muratcan.film

Nick.Ingram

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 9:20 pm

muratcangokce wrote:they stated it since when camera started to shipping properly. they are not able to do anything just in the time that they gave people. there are very few people left who believes these lies.

otherwise I also love my camera too but it is not performing like it should because of bmd.

If the camera, as it stands now, doesn't work well for the productions that you are doing then sell it and buy something that better suits you. No one is stopping you. Either sit around and wait like everyone else or move on to another camera. :roll:

Grzegorz Styczen

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 pm

They said countless times that they have not forgotten BMCC and an update will come. However, I think customers would be happier getting some less vague status updates, like knowing what problems are they actually planning to adress, and what fixes are they working on, or may possibly work on. I'm not sure why it's so secretive and what can be the advantage of that. Having said that, I don't suppose whining about it will make it any better, so let us be patient :)

gr8pics

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 9:36 pm

I have to agree with Murat,

The 2.5 are suppose to be a pro camera, but due to instability and unreliability as well, i would never in my life bring that camera to a pro gig, if something can go wrong, it WILL with this one, i have barely used it once, and its already going back to BMD cause the battery keeps draining cause camera have been impossible to keep off, it turns on again no matter what i do.
There are many things they need to straighten out, and due to that fact, these things will also be blocking future sales of the 4K vers, at least it does for me.
It doesnt matter if the camera is big bang for bucks if it doesnt work anyway.
Its like buying a Ferrari for a tenth of the price, but nothing works, or it works just randomly...

BMD should really pitch in on this thread and do some explaining, otherwise the road from hero to zero could be short...
Chris D
www.medicall-app.com

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 9:42 pm

Terry, Kristian and myself have made comments about there being firmware updates in the works on this and previous threads. I'm not sure what those are because I'm not part of the development team, but I do know there are things being worked on. When we have more information for you, we will definitely let you folks know.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Michael Weathersby

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 10:16 pm

Maybe im still dizzy from buying the cinema camera... but that made little to no sense. If most of the complaints to blackmagic are worded like that... Id ignore them too.

muratcangokce

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Nick.Ingram wrote:
muratcangokce wrote:they stated it since when camera started to shipping properly. they are not able to do anything just in the time that they gave people. there are very few people left who believes these lies.

If the camera, as it stands now, doesn't work well for the productions that you are doing then sell it and buy something that better suits you. No one is stopping you. Either sit around and wait like everyone else or move on to another camera. :roll:

hi nick.
you would be right, but I didn't buy this camera as a consumer camera. I believe what told by BMD and I thought they were a reliable company.
I defended them on this forum and my country all the time. I am still promoting it in here as a professional user of it and everytime while I am promoting I always try to be honest about all pros and cons.

There are lots of lacking things in camera which shouldn't be in a pro camera as BMD advertised. This is what I am criticising.

I do not intend to move to another camera, I want my rights. A product shouldn't be only itself as physical thing.
Please imagine what do you think if Apple produced something without any updated and upgrades.

Tony Rivera wrote:Terry, Kristian and myself have made comments about there being firmware updates in the works on this and previous threads. I'm not sure what those are because I'm not part of the development team, but I do know there are things being worked on. When we have more information for you, we will definitely let you folks know.

Thanks for replying Tony. As a pro user of your cameras my demands is still not enough to make this a pro camera. Yes, you are really new on camera business but I can't see any improvement on your products. Somehow your products are releasing always later then their announced calendar without any excuses. You make us always digging to learn something.

If someone is working on some updates/upgrades, please let us know. Do not leave us alone because it make us losing our faith on you.

BTW: gr8pics all other people, thank you for sharing your opinions on that subject. I hope to see some good movements on BMD side after all.
www.muratcan.film

Rob Ford

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 11:48 pm

muratcangokce wrote:
I do not intend to move to another camera, I want my rights.

What is missing from your camera that was promised before delivery?

Nick Vega

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 2:40 am

Rob Ford wrote:
muratcangokce wrote:
I do not intend to move to another camera, I want my rights.

What is missing from your camera that was promised before delivery?

Im also curious to know what BMD promised and hasnt delivered on since BMCC release
http://vimeo.com/nickvega

goodluckdesigns

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 am

I may be naive but I am thinking that BMD is doing such a huge update to the BMCC & BMPC firmware that we are just being left in the dark. The launch date for the 4K is being pushed back and hidden pretty well & I think that the firmware for both cameras will most likely be the exact same. This forces them to hold onto the update until they are ready to ship the 4K version.

I am hoping this is the case, the BMCC is so good as it is I can only hope that the updates that eventually come are worth the wait!
Good Luck Designs

muratcangokce

PostFri Dec 20, 2013 3:59 am

hi everyone..
last thing which I annoyed that much is making latest update just for pocket camera. There is not such a movement on BMCC side.
They said they'll make all cameras firmware equal to each other as much as possible but I can't see anything.

It is a bit frustrated to waiting for an update that long. Ok, it would be slow due to impoving other cameras on the same line, but there is lots of people who is expecting to see some details about what is includes in next update. At least this should be fullfilled ASAP.

I am sorry if I made someone upset, this is exactly not my aim, but. I want to express my feelings under this circumtances. Of course I am not expecting all of you agreed with me but I am sure BMD team has understand me and there is some other (more than a few) users of camera at there..

Thanks.

www.muratcan.film
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography