Problem with options High Soft or Low Soft in new DaVinci

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author
Bogus

Problem with options High Soft or Low Soft in new DaVinci

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 am

I’m writing I have a problem with the new DaVinci Resolve 9, precisely with options "High Soft" or "Low Soft" in the Curves menu. When I want to change this option, some strange things appear on the screen in the film which I want to colour (look at the print screen I attach, there’s some flashing colour). I’d like to say that this doesn’t happen in the previous version of DaVinci Resolve 8. There’s no blinking when I use high or low soft. That is why I’d like to ask you for help. Am I doing something wrong or program warns me that some limits of the colour have been exceeded. Maybe the DaVinci program has an error? My computer is Macintosh with processor 2x2,4 Quad-Core Intel Xeon, memory 24 GB, system Mac OSX 10.7.4. I have ATI Radeon HD 5770 and DecLink HD Extreme 3D+. I use CUDA Driver Version 5.0.24. I will be grateful for help.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Problem with options High Soft or Low Soft in new DaVinc

PostTue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 am

I think you are running into some known OpenCL issues with 10.7.4 and even 10.7.5. We recommend upgrading to Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Alternatively, get a NVIDIA card which does not need OpenCL, and uses CUDA which is not affected by these issues.

Regards,
Rohit
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Bogus

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks for your help, I'll try to upgrade my system

Regards
Bogus

Nicolas Duchon

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm

I had the exact same bug, upgrading to 10.8.x solved it : http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=473

Return to Post Production