Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT. Micro Four Third Lens Mount

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT. Micro Four Third Lens Mount

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 7:21 am

The new Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT features a passive micro four thirds lens mount, giving customers a greater choice of lens options when shooting. The Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT supports any micro four thirds lens with manual iris and focus, and is easily adapted to other lens mounts such as PL via third party adapters. Both the Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT, and the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera (now renamed as the Blackmagic Cinema Camera EF), are both priced at US$2995. The Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT is available in December.

To learn more, please visit http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/press/p ... seID=32229

Thomas Wong

Re: Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT. Micro Four Third Lens Moun

PostSat Sep 08, 2012 8:23 am

hope you will also make sony e-mount version, so all the FS100/700 user can have a chance to play with the Blackmagic Camera
BMCC 2.5k, Canon 5D mk3
Canon 24-70mm f2.8, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 II, Rokinon 14mm cine T3.1
Edelkrone Slider Plus v2, iFootage mini crane M1, Glidetrack Hybrid HD with Steadicam arm & vest, Atomos Samurai

Roberto Mettifogo

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 am

Guys I was thinking about this passive mount, how do I control the iris in Panasonic bundled lenses that has no iris ring ?

thomas325 wrote:hope you will also make sony e-mount version, so all the FS100/700 user can have a chance to play with the Blackmagic Camera

I wonder why they don't just create a modular camera system, like RED, sell the universal camera and a separate lens mount, with four screws to attach it at the camera body...

Terry Frechette wrote:The Blackmagic Cinema Camera MFT is available in December.

swear it !
Roberto
www.robertomettifogo.com

nevsvanlooy

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Is this true or is this just a really alarming rumor? I don't even have my 1,0 yet and made a downpayment six months ago! That would really be outrageous delivering the 1,0 at the same time as the 2,0 !!!

http://www.eoshd.com/content/9106/black ... -mft-mount
www.nevsvanlooy.be

Christine Peterson

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 pm

It's just an unsubstantiated rumor. Don't be alarmed. :)
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Return to Announcements