Time Lapse?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

C A R

Time Lapse?

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 5:03 pm

if i understand correctly, the bmcc doesn't take stills and thus won't be able to capture time lapse. are there any workarounds and/or plans for this in the future? this seems like it could be a significant factor for people deciding between the bmcc and e.g. the 5d mkiii.
strongforthefuture.com | @scntfc | https://vimeo.com/48374201

Michael Beck

Re: Time Lapse?

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 8:32 pm

I would like to see this as well. Really I would like to choose any framerate up to the max.
------------
-Michael Beck

John Brawley

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 10:38 pm

C A Rohrmann wrote:if i understand correctly, the bmcc doesn't take stills and thus won't be able to capture time lapse. are there any workarounds and/or plans for this in the future? this seems like it could be a significant factor for people deciding between the bmcc and e.g. the 5d mkiii.

Single frame would be nice, with LANC control.

jb
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

Andreas Kaufmann

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 5:49 pm

I think the majority of the buyers will have a 7D or 5D anyways.
www.andreas-kaufmann.net

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 5:55 pm

C A Rohrmann wrote:if i understand correctly, the bmcc doesn't take stills and thus won't be able to capture time lapse. are there any workarounds and/or plans for this in the future? this seems like it could be a significant factor for people deciding between the bmcc and e.g. the 5d mkiii.

Please add your suggestion to the "Feature Request" thread, too. Cheers!:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=265

Tim Franks

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 9:08 pm

John Brawley wrote:

Single frame would be nice, with LANC control.

jb

I say build it into the camera no need for external timelaps controller ;)

ireallywanttodirect

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 10:53 pm

It would be nice to have a timelapse controller inside the camera as I do in my Nikon D300s, but also the ability to be controlled by an external device as well.

I have a wonderful set up from Kessler Crane with an Oracle Controller and and box that interfaces the Oracle with my Nikon D300s. There are also a variety of cables to control cameras by using the box and the Oracle to do all kinds of time lapse and other lovely things with the Oracle along with 2axis head and/or sliders. (http://www.kesslercrane.com)

Being able to use the Blackmagic Design Cinema Camera in this fashion might just be the thing that pushes me over the undecided line to the "getting my credit card to purchase" point. Indeed.

Thanks for the consideration....

Return to Cinematography