"No Device is Connected" on Intensity Shuttle/Media Express

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

pbickford

"No Device is Connected" on Intensity Shuttle/Media Express

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Using Win 7, 64 bit, SP1 on a P55 motherboard (using PCI Express card for USB: Renesas driver 2.1.36.0, Firmware 3034). Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle and Blackmagic audio both appear as working devices in my Device Manager, driver versions 9.6.1.0).

Unfortunately, despite the device being recognized by Windows, it does not appear to be recognized as a recording device by Media Express--the "Device" menu shows "No device is connected". Have also tried under Adobe Premiere CS6, where no signal appears, and the Capture window reads "Capture Device Offline". Any ideas on how to solve this?

Christopher Doyle

Re: "No Device is Connected" on Intensity Shuttle/Media Exp

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 5:18 am

I know from my experience that you sometimes need to actually not use the latest drivers. Just use the ones that actually work. I had a similar problem and searching for older driverss did the trick for me. I can't tell you which driver that I used on my system due to mitigating circumstances, but I can ask my friend about the driver and firmware he uses on his setup. I am almost certain that it is 2.0 drivers, and not 2.1 drivers that work.

Mike Squires

Re: "No Device is Connected" on Intensity Shuttle/Media Exp

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Also, go to Windows Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Blackmagic Control Panel. See if it sees the Shuttle.

Return to Post Production