move media to a different bin

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

David Baud

move media to a different bin

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Resolve 9.0.3 on Mac

I must be missing something obvious here, since I have done it in the past successfully:

In the Media page, in the Media pool I created a new bin. Now I would like to move some media from a different bin to that new bin: I thought (and I check the manual) if I select the media and drag it to the new bin, then it will move. In my case nothing happened, no matter if I drag to the name of the bin or the little arrow in front... is it possible that the media is lock in place somehow? am I missing a step?

I quit Resolve and restarted to refresh everything.

Thanks,
David Baud, CSI | Colorist & finishing editor | KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS | Denver-Paris | www.kosmos-productions.com | vimeo/davidbaud

John Tissavary

Re: move media to a different bin

PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I have this problem, but only in list mode. If I switch to Icon view mode then I can select, drag, & drop clips from one bin to the other.

JT
John Tissavary
colorist
the post collective

David Baud

Re: move media to a different bin

PostFri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 am

John wrote:I have this problem, but only in list mode.

Thank you John. Switching to icon view made it work. It looks like sometimes it does work in list view. So I guess this could be considered as a bug :-)
David Baud, CSI | Colorist & finishing editor | KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS | Denver-Paris | www.kosmos-productions.com | vimeo/davidbaud

Return to Post Production