Updating Firmware on multiple cards

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

marcos sebastian

Updating Firmware on multiple cards

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi:

Last month I installed 2 Decklink Studio 2 PCIe cards. This PC is running Windows 7 Pro 32bit. I'm stucked with Win7 32bit because the software I'm running (Hardata TV) runs only in a 32bit environment.

The latest driver version I can use from BlackMagic is 7.9.6 because these drivers support 32bit (the latest drivers only support 64bit).

After installing the drivers, I did get the update firmware dialog, but did not update for fear that having multiple cards installed, would ruin my setup. After declining the update, this dialog box has not come up again.

I have 2 questions: How can I update the 2 cards since I'm not getting the option anymore?
and is it safe to update both cards in the PC or should I update them individually?

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by marcos sebastian on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcos Sebastian

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Updating Firmware on multiple cards

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Remove one card. Back rev the driver and see if it asks for a firmware update. If so allow it to update. Swap cards and repeat. This will get them both working.

The system should have no problem updating two cards. It will do it over two different bootups. So the first boot should update one card then when you reboot it should do the other card. But like I said above, if you're worried about it, simply let the system update one at a time be removing one.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

cas

Re: Updating Firmware on multiple cards

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 2:25 am

I have 2 Intensity Pro cards installed on an Dell i5 PC. The thing is am using Wirecast. Each time a box comes up with firmware needs upgrading. When I select Ok it its says failed to update. How can I get these cards updated with proper firmware? Please help

Return to Getting Started