Ultrascope manual

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

bobzelin

Ultrascope manual

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi -
I just installed another two Ultrascopes, this time using a newer Sony VAIO 24" Touchscreen with the Nvidia GeForce GT540M graphics card. Yes it works, so yes, "it's certified", and let me tell you again, what a FANTASTIC product the Ultrascope is.

With that said, let me ask the question I often ask - WHO IS THE MORON RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THIS MANUAL CURRENT ? Oh my God !!!! How anyone without experience can build an Ultrascope with USB3 is beyond me. There is no NEC control panel, and there is no NEC driver.
The correct link to update your USB3 driver is -
www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.html
and the current driver is V2.1.39.0, dated 17/10/12.

I deal with a lot of driver sites, and this is probably the worst one in the world. And it's all in French (no offense to any French users). But I am not here to torture Station-Drivers, I am here to torture the AUTHOR or tech writer of the Blackmagic Ultrascope manual. HOW LONG would it take for you to update this section, to give a small clue to a new user how to actually build one of these things, without having the user pull out all their hair ? Does it take long to update a .pdf file, and repost it ? Exactly what do you do all day long at Blackmagic ?

Let me be verbose -
when you go to www.station-drivers.com/page/nec.htm - this no longer exists, and the driver that you need to update is not there. The manual is wrong, and has been wrong for a long time.

But the Ultrascope is a truly wonderful product, at an amazingly low price. Perhaps all of this drama will be over once a Thunderbolt version of the Ultrascope is released.

Bob Zelin
bobzelin@icloud.com

Paul Provost

Re: Ultrascope manual

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 4:35 am

Oh ultrascope.... The orphan child of BMD.
All the attention goes to the new baby with the (smudged) imaging sensor.
Paul Provost - colorist
Twitter: @4kfinish
www.4kfinish.com

Baz

Re: Ultrascope manual

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 pm

Hey Bob - maybe there is an opportunity for you to re-write the relevant sections and submit to BMD. I know you have a lot of spare time on your hands! (please laugh, please ...)
Baz

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Return to Post Production