HyperDeck Shuttle 2 capturing ProRes?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Ian MacLean

HyperDeck Shuttle 2 capturing ProRes?

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Hello

Love the new forum. Would LOVE a HyperDeck Shuttle 2 which captured ProRes! The new board should be robust enough, and my understanding is that this is a licensing negotiation with Apple over fees.

Please, do everything you can to break the logjam, and release this product.

I have a small greenscreen studio, would like to record high quality video and audio, and had intended to record uncompressed HD SDI to a BB, to an 8 core Mac Pro, convert to ProRes there, and stream to my five disk RAID. As you may guess, too noisy for clean audio!

There have to be a ton of filmmakers out there like me who need this hassle-free workflow. We don't want to compress to any quality lower than ProRes 422, and we are desperate for this product. Many thanks.

ps If you can give an email address to the right person at Apple, I'd love to send them a polite request as well.
Resolve V 15.2.2007 1 GPU on KDE neon 5.14
KDE Plasma Version: 5.14.5
Qt Version: 5.11.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.54.0
Kernel Version: 4.15.0-45-generic
Processors: 12 × Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz 64-bit
Memory: 31.2 GiB of RAM

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: HyperDeck Shuttle 2 capturing ProRes?

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 12:33 am

dcnblues wrote:...Would LOVE a HyperDeck Shuttle 2 which captured ProRes!

As would many people. It's probably one of our most popular feature requests.

dcnblues wrote:The new board should be robust enough, and my understanding is that this is a licensing negotiation with Apple over fees.

The Shuttle 2 supports DNxHD right now. Also I'd ask you to please be careful with statements like this as it could be misleading. There have been no announcements or any other information regarding licensing or anything else in regards to ProRes. Any such statements are simply speculation.

But I'm gonna lock this thread, but I will finish on this thought. This is probably the most popular feature request on this product. So we hear the desire and we appreciate the enthusiasm.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started