Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

R-Click Menu Gone in Fusion

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Mike Truly

R-Click Menu Gone in Fusion

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 5:03 pm

OK, this is a weird problem.

I currently have Fusion 7.5 installed on two Win7 workstations... we'll call them WorkstationA & WorkstationB.

On WorkstationA, in Fu7.5 the right-click menu appears when the R mouse button is clicked.
On WorkstationB, it doesn't.

The WorkstationB right-click works in all other apps (opens whatever R-click menus, etc.) but is not making the menu appear in Fu7.5. The Wacom tablet pen R-click also works for all other apps but doesn't bring up the right-click menu in Fu7.5 on WorkstationB. WorkstationB also has the eyeon Fusion dongle attached... and the right-click menu will also NOT appear in older versions of Fusion either.

Any idea what could be causing this 'Fusion only' behaviour?

Thanks!

Mike Truly

Re: R-Click Menu Gone in Fusion

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 6:43 pm

And it turns out that the right-click problem is 'Fusion only' in this Win7 install only.

This WorkstationB machine is configured as dual-boot to both Win7 or XPx64.

When booted to Win7, I get no right-click menu in either Fu7.5 or older versions of Fusion (but all other apps work fine with the right-click). But if I boot to XPx64 instead, I DO get the right-click menu in Fu7.5 and older versions of Fusion (as well as all other apps).

Baffling.

Thanks!

Steve Roberts

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 7:19 pm

The RMB menus are OpenGL. So make sure OpenGL drivers are installed on that machine.
Also check the Firewall settings to make sure eyeonserver in the allow list

Mike Truly

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a try.

Thanks again.

Mike Truly

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 8:14 pm

No joy.

I checked the firewall on both Win7 systems. There was not a rule for Eyeonserver.exe on either system. I added this rule to both even though this was not inhibiting WorkstationA from properly showing the right-click menu in Fusion. This firewall addition didn't fix the problem on WorkstationB unfortunately.

WorkstationA uses a Nvidia 3800m display card so I think it should have OpenGL.

WorkstationB uses 2 Nvidia Quadro5000 display cards so it should also have OpenGL. To check, I started MAX2014 and switched to OpenGL mode and it seemed to work fine. In MAX, it displays the OpenGL version as 4.4.0. So I don't think this is the problem.

Thanks!

michael vorberg

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Mike Truly

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm

I tried installing the latest version of my Quadro drivers but this didn't fix the problem. Puzzling that this problem persists.

Thank you for that link Michael! I was able to rename that plugin and now I at least have access to the right-click menu in Fu7.5 on this workstation.

Thanks again.

Marek Subocz

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 10:36 pm

just a thought.... since 7.5 do not support OpenCL drive selection via preferences, do any of Your workstation is a laptop/has a second GPU?
on my laptop i have 2 GPU, intel and Nvidia. Due to Optimus tech (i think) Fusion first-choice Gpu IS intel and i can't change that.
I do have the RMB click, though.

perhaps this will help ?

Mike Truly

PostTue Nov 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Marek,

Not sure exactly what you're asking but:

WorkstationA is a laptop and the selection is on Nvidia 3800m.

WorkstationB is not a laptop and has 2 Quadro5000s driving 4 monitors. The selection is on Nvidia Quadro5000 (I assume only one card is being used).

Thanks!

Marek Subocz

PostWed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 pm

to explain - there seems to be some issues with FU and laptops (mainly running on NVIDIA Optimus, which sets the Fusion to use intel GPU, instead-of NVIDIA by default). since in 7.5 You cannot select OPENCL device, You do stick with intel. on laptops. But in Your config, the working hardware is a laptop, so no solution there..

perhaps there are some "Aero issues" or "parental / account control" switched on - just a wild guess, but this are the main changes in win7 over xp ;)

cheers

Return to Fusion