Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

FUSION 7 System requirements

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

José Luis Salazar

FUSION 7 System requirements

PostFri Dec 05, 2014 5:04 pm

Hello, I'm lost in the world pc, I would like to help.
which are the system requirements so you can work without any problem in fusion pc 7 and recommend me to buy. Thank you for your help

Rony Soussan

Re: FUSION 7 System requirements

PostFri Dec 05, 2014 5:50 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Fusion is rather fast as it's a full frame and not scanline in the way it renders, however that means the more ram the better performance of course.
My suggestions would be a single CPU with the best video card you can afford and the most ram you can fit on your system. It's really that simple and a system like that (laptop aside) is rather affordable and readily available these days.

I run my fusion on a i7 2.7 with nvidia 670 with 4gb ram and Fusion fly's on that.

Win Conway

PostFri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 pm

I7 laptop with 675gtm and so far it flies ;)

Marek Subocz

PostFri Dec 05, 2014 8:36 pm

;)
i've been there as well..
laptops are not cheap, but quite affordable.. ie simple Dell Inspiron on i7 is doing good. got some chocolate made in fu, HD, 15sek a frame ;)

to summarize:
The more RAM the merrier, even in GPU. If doing lots of compo work - a fast drive (RAID or SSD) for the footage / Disk Cache. Got myself an SSD and it made a difference.

cheers

Roy Brewington

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 5:25 pm

Hello, I'm a Mac user with an iMac i7 3.5 Ghz quad with 16GB of RAM and a NVidia GeForce GTX 775M (2GB) and Mac Book Pro Retina 2.6GHz i7 with 8GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB. I read the post from the BMD CEO that said he wanted to have the Mac version of Fusion 7 asap so he did not have to use the VM emulator on his Mac. But the first thing I see when I download the user-manual is that virtualisation is not supported and - sure enough - I am unable to import any footage at all. I am currentley using the MBP R while on the road. Will I have the same problem with my iMac? I am loath to invest in a windows computer with so much invested in Macs if a Mac version of the software might be available....soon(?) I am hoping someone is able to use Fusion 7 on a Mac with VM just as Grant Petty is apparently doing and can tell me what is their set-up. Many thanks in advance!

Roy Brewington

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 8:11 pm

I just found posts in other threads that suggest Boot Camp should work. So I am trying that route & will keep the board posted!

michael vorberg

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 10:11 pm

some people use parallels on mac to run fusion

Michael Wolf

PostTue Dec 09, 2014 12:52 pm

And yes, you really want as much RAM as possible. Fusion uses it to cache renders and it can really improve performance massively - up to keeping a complete (short) project in RAM.

Cheers,
Mike - hugging his 128GB ;)
Michael Wolf - db&w GbR
http://www.db-w.com

Return to Fusion