Extra Frames without Grade of Each Clip after Render???

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

dqford

Extra Frames without Grade of Each Clip after Render???

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 am

Just finished a big project and after I rendered out the individual clips, I decided to scrub through them in Quicktime for quality control. Upon doing so, I instantly noticed that the clips didn't have the grades applied, or so I thought.

So I played them out, and what I found is that each clip has 3 or 4 extra frames at the beginning that are not supposed to be there... as if they are handles.

What's more, the extra frames do not have the grade applied (which is how I noticed it in the first place), so each clip starts off with a bright flash and change of light and color due to the grade being applied a few frames late. But yes, the full proper grade is on the clip, but not until after the third or fourth extra frame. And yes, the extra frames are not part of the final cut, they are however the legitimate preceding frames of the clip.

These extra frames are definitely not visible in the viewer panel of the color or timeline page, as I have checked thoroughly by moving the playhead back and forth one frame at a time.

What could have went wrong? Any thoughts?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Extra Frames without Grade of Each Clip after Render???

PostMon Dec 03, 2012 6:24 am

Could you verify if this is still the case with 9.0.4? There are updates in this area.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to Post Production