RS422 control of Smart Videohub

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Lee Cobb

RS422 control of Smart Videohub

PostTue Mar 03, 2015 1:58 am

Hi Class,
So I've been pulling my hair out over controlling a 40x40 Smart Videohub via rs422. It is setup in Server mode, 9600 N81, and after connecting, I receive ">". Every minute or so another will appear, So according to the manual "On connecting to the serial port, the client should send a carriage-return. The Videohub Server will respond with a > character prompt, which is not followed by a carriage-return or line-feed. Receiving the prompt indicates that a connection has been established. The same prompt will be issued after each command received by the Videohub Server." With echo on, I type my command. I have tried every permutation that I can think of to get it to accept the command, but guess i am missing something... Ill be the first to admit I have limited experience with RS422, but I can't seem to get it to respond to any commands. Im sure it's some tiny detail I'm missing.... Thoughts?

kdanner

Re: RS422 control of Smart Videohub

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 1:04 pm

Anyone ever figure this out? Experiencing the exact same behavior. Is this just an RS422 port setting in the software?

Asgeir Hustad

Re: RS422 control of Smart Videohub

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 9:15 am

How are you connecting RS422 into your computer? I've had issues with several serial to USB-devices where they could read the incoming data just fine, but the voltage levels they were outputting simply weren't large enough for the device on the other end to read.

Return to Live Production