Import XML Issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Darren Roberts

Import XML Issue

PostMon Aug 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Hello -

I tried importing a Premiere XML project file and when Resolve looks to find the media source files, the program does not show me my external USB 3 hard drives where the contents are stored. It only shows my C: drive. Nothing has enabled me to "add" them to the search for Resolve to locate. There seems no way to simply have my external hard drives be seen. Please help : ).

running:
Windows 7 SP1
i7-4750K CPU @ 4GHz
16GB RAM

Thanks!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Import XML Issue

PostTue Aug 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Assuming you are on Resolve 12 beta 2, in Resolve Preferences, Media Storage, there should be a checkbox to show all mounted drives. Is that checked?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Darren Roberts

Re: Import XML Issue

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi Dwaine,

Didn't see your reply until now. Yes, that worked. Glad to see it's back up. If I could offer a suggestion to the software design team, it would be great to have the program prompt the user at initial start-up to select which external hard drives they wish to connect to Dissolve. Otherwise, for many like me, it appears troubling that such a basic part of most editor's work requires additional steps.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Return to DaVinci Resolve