Request: 2 small additions (Resolve 12.1 maybe)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Anders Holck Petersen

Request: 2 small additions (Resolve 12.1 maybe)

PostFri Aug 07, 2015 8:01 pm

- The live scopes seem to cut 5-20% of the realtime performance with playback of a taxing DCI 4K project even with three titan X cards. Please add a "update during playback" toggle, so they only live update while adjusting on a parked frame, but freeze when in playback.

- Make it possible to remove all overlays on the Decklink Video Monitor output.As an example, I would really prefer to have the Decklink out totally clean when adjusting PowerWindows, but still retain the control overlays in the GUI.
Last edited by Anders Holck Petersen on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anders Holck - CTO ACT3 A/S, MAAN RENTAL A/S
www.act3.dk
www.facebook.com/andersholck

Scott McKenzie

Re: Request: 2 small additions (Resolve 12.1 maybe)

PostFri Aug 07, 2015 8:34 pm

You can set the Window outline to "Only UI" (View -> Window Outline). If you're in highlight mode that will still mirror onto the video out, but the window overlay won't.
Scott McKenzie
Colorist / Finishing Editor
Vancouver, BC. Canada

Anders Holck Petersen

PostFri Aug 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Excellent. Would still prefer the clean as a whistle :-)
www.act3.dk

Marc Wielage

PostFri Aug 07, 2015 11:11 pm

You can avoid any scope slowdowns by using external scopes and not using the internal daVinci scopes at all. Divergent Media's Scopebox is one potential inexpensive product ($99 plus a cheap Mac and a video card); Blackmagic's UltraScope is another.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Anders Holck Petersen

PostSat Aug 08, 2015 11:56 am

Hi Marc. Thanks. Yes, I use an outboard for Rec709 HD. But I have a problem monitoring a 3G Quad SDI signal in DCI XYZ or DCI P3 colorspace from the Deckling Extreme 4K with quad SDI. I haven't found a solution yet. The on board scopes can load a correction LUT and work in P3 prior to the output colortransform.
www.act3.dk

Return to DaVinci Resolve