R12B2 Crash with Dragon 6k footage / UHD timelines.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JacobDyer

R12B2 Crash with Dragon 6k footage / UHD timelines.

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 5:55 am

Hi.

I have a simple project, edited in resolve, 6k dragon footage. Very basic one or two node grade. All of 2 minutes long. Originally edited with 1080p timeline.

After sucessfully rendering out a UHD Cineform quicktime overnight, I came in, saved the project, and restarted the computer. Since then, I cannot get the project to export, or even continue grading. It crashes the instant I hit render, or the instant it debayers a frame in the colour view.

Tried a different project, 1080p timline, 5k footage. It was all fine until I changed the timeline resolution to UHD, at which point I got a corrupt frame in the viewer (see screenshot), and then after some poking around, crashed (this crash is the last in the series of log files).

If I go back to my original project, change the timeline to 1080p, I can export no issues.

Resolve 12 Beta b28, Windows 10.0.10240 Build 10240, HP Z620, 64GB RAM, GTX 670 2GB.

Crash logs and screenshot of corrupted frame here: dropbox.com/s/3v3ln4zaaz79u9o/ResolveCrashes.zip?dl=0

Cheers,
Jacob.

Anders Holck Petersen

Re: R12B2 Crash with Dragon 6k footage / UHD timelines.

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 6:04 am

2GB vram is really low for a 6K source to 3.8K output.
You could try to disable RED GPU debayer in resolve preferences and see if that helps.
Anders Holck - CTO ACT3 A/S, MAAN RENTAL A/S
www.act3.dk
www.facebook.com/andersholck

JacobDyer

Re: R12B2 Crash with Dragon 6k footage / UHD timelines.

PostWed Aug 12, 2015 6:27 am

That seems to have fixed it, turning of GPU debayer. I'm used to working on my Mac Pro with dual 6gb cards, so I just didn't twig that it might be too low on VRAM. Thanks Anders.

Surely though an error message would be preferable to a hard crash?

Return to DaVinci Resolve