Europe

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Albert N. Romero

Europe

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi, i think most of the European (excluding UK... cos there are cams there) customers here will apreciatte some words about the shippings or distribution here. I saw many people getting info from the sellers or even the camera in many parts of the globe, but not europe.

As far i know, resellers here doesent know anything, they depend from the distributor but it seems that the distrib. Never tells anything... Also, as far i know (again) there is no customer cameras in Europe, au contraire of another parts around the world.

We all know that BM is shipping to many countries, so these countries can have an idea, but what about Europe? If the distrib. here dont want to talk, maybe BMD can say a few words.

I quote this, cos some people miss it in the middle of the thread

Christine Peterson wrote:Take it easy, guys. I received word today that several more cameras are on their way to Europe. (No, I don't know exact numbers or where they're headed.)
Last edited by Albert N. Romero on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Tissot

Re: Europe

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 pm

+1

Yes, why is there NO news, No shipping in Europe???

Grant, Christine...Can you explain it to our dealers!!!

Thanks
https://vimeo.com/user5198817

danap

Re: Europe - Norway

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Only 1 - ONE - Camera in Norway. Where is the centre and the periphery in BlackMagicDesign's distribution geography? Obviously, the Mighty United States of America seem to be courted first. I would indeed appreciate some feedback from BMD about their distribution policy as it might influence customer fidelity in Europe.

Another very unclear issue is BMD's service network and logistics. What happens when / if my future Norway-based BMCC falls apart and needs service? Will my camera need to be shipped to Australia or UK for repair??

Season's greeting from "service conscious" Norway.
Last edited by danap on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikolaj Kepinski

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Only ONE camera in Poland from what i know, and the owner hasnt even said where he got it from :/
Compendium Productions

Camera:
BMCC EF Warsaw/Lodz

Cinematographer
Mikolaj Kepinski
cell: Poland +48 691-724-210
Norway +47 400-45-046

http://www.compendium-productions.com

Albert N. Romero

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Mikolaj Kepinski wrote:Only ONE camera in Poland from what i know, and the owner hasnt even said where he got it from :/

Might be a tester one, as in Germany and probably Norway.

Alex Tissot

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 12:48 pm

I believe that Grant Petty, the CEO of BM are not very honest on how things are...

Albert N. Romero

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 pm

15-20 january fashion week berlin
I can see 3 paids that become unpaids (people are looking this camera for that, for hire like crazy)
Last edited by Albert N. Romero on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Smith

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 1:03 pm

We're just coming out of Christmas! My dealer's not even open till January 2nd. What sort of news can you expect in 1 working week?

Albert N. Romero

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Andy Smith wrote:We're just coming out of Christmas! My dealer's not even open till January 2nd. What sort of news can you expect in 1 working week?

Oh, sorry, i have not choosen the right moment, i will be back in may, when my preorder has a year and i will post it again.
We dont care about dealers, they have the same info than us. Thats the not fair point.

Andy Smith

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Just give them a chance. I just don't see the point of complaining on December 28th about lack of info, in a manner which is potentially divisive i.e Europe vs the rest. Everyone is pretty much in the same boat whether they are in London, New York or New Delhi.

Albert N. Romero

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Well, i invite u to read the first post and the replies and will see that the people feel a bit diferent here.
You cant see the point of doing that at 28dec? Why not? I worked as a normal day, maybe u have hollidays cos are student or unemployed or whatever, but for me 26-27-28-29-30-31 are working days, so my point is clear.

Maybe in ur zone there are news or related, but i'm not the only one who feels that here even the distributors have 0 idea, when u can see cameras in other places, where private customers are hiring their cameras.

Your seller has news? Good for u. Here we dont have ur luck.

Andy Smith

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 6:04 pm

No need to condescend, my occupation is of no concern to the discussion. Your expectation for 'new' news is unrealistic considering the holiday season, and it is still a holiday season for many people. Like i asked before what do you expect BMD to have done in the 3 days since Christmas Day and the 1 and a bit working week since the last update? Personally i don't expect to hear anything till week 1 or 2 of January. Even then i'm not expecting a camera, just more news.

The notion that Europe hasn't seen any units is false. Someone in Turkey has just wrapped up a short film using the BMCC, one in Norway has arrived or is arriving, remember hearing about one or two in Paris, Andrew Reid (EosHD) in Germany via CVP, a few in England and Scotland (still part of Europe last time i checked), one in Poland, heard about one or two in Spain. Plenty when you compare it to the Middle East, Africa and Asia.

Distributors can't give you news they don't have. Just refer to the latest update from Grant, he doesn't know how many cameras they can make. It seems like your annoyance stems from potentially losing money on gigs in January, which i just can't fathom. Do you not have an existing camera to do the job with? Does your livelihood depend on a Blackmagic camera?

Just for the record i live in Europe and ordered April 17th.

Christine Peterson

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Take it easy, guys. I received word today that several more cameras are on their way to Europe. (No, I don't know exact numbers or where they're headed.)
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Albert N. Romero

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:Take it easy, guys. I received word today that several more cameras are on their way to Europe. (No, I don't know exact numbers or where they're headed.)

Thanks Christine.
just great to know that we can see more in the other side in a few!.

adamroberts

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 11:45 pm

Shipping in the EU during the festive season is extremely slow. Just try getting something shipped from Germany to the UK. It takes over a week. Most of the EU also have a lot of redtape when it comes to international imports.

You will probably find some cameras are sitting in customs waitinf to be cleared. customs are understaffed during the holiday season.

I would not expect to see any cameras until 3 January.

The local distributors don't know how manu cameras are on route or when they will clear customs.

I was lucky to get mine just before Christmas. my dealer only know one was being shipped to him the day before he received it.

Relax... They are coming.

Andreas Kaufmann

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 9:20 am

Hopefully theyre coming in january.. love to see more in Germany..
www.andreas-kaufmann.net

Roberto Ambrosi

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 10:15 am

I decided to pre-order when available regularly in Italy, France, Germany, Spain or Switzerland. considering the possibility to choose a different product from Canon or Sony.
Hope for news in a few days.
I can wait until spring.

Dennis Nomer

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 10:22 am

Guys, it is just people. If the number of orders from the US is 3500 and the number of orders from Germany is 35, guess what the ratio of shipped cameras to the US vs Germany should be? (Those are just token numbers) Of course, it matters when the orders were placed, and I doubt BMD has a handle on that, except from the dealers / distributors, but fundamentally, there are lots of us waiting for this thing, and it looks like it is going to take awhile.

We are all hoping BMD will get the sensors flowing and get the production actually ramped up.
Dennis Nomer

Stefan Longin

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 11:30 am

alexvideo23 wrote:I believe that Grant Petty, the CEO of BM are not very honest on how things are...

be carefull what you say ;-) I have been beaten here in the forum because I wrote long time ago that we dcan believe it or not when BMD / GP reported for the first time about problems with supplier's test software. I am very curious what will be at the first anniversary of the camera's announcement at NAB (April 6). For the record: shipping was announced in July (2012!)
S. Long

Alex Tissot

PostSat Dec 29, 2012 2:39 pm

slong wrote:
alexvideo23 wrote:I believe that Grant Petty, the CEO of BM are not very honest on how things are...

be carefull what you say ;-) I have been beaten here in the forum because I wrote long time ago that we dcan believe it or not when BMD / GP reported for the first time about problems with supplier's test software. I am very curious what will be at the first anniversary of the camera's announcement at NAB (April 6). For the record: shipping was announced in July (2012!)

Thanks ;)

but I just "copy and paste" the word of a German reseller who's still waiting for shipping news :D
Even Blackmagic of Gremany has NO NEWS :D

What a mess!!!
Thanks to Grant to talk about good news, when (only) 100 cameras would be ship on the 5 continents (500 cameras on the earth).
Before, don't change: let's have your lol'Updates...

:o

Andreas Kaufmann

PostSun Dec 30, 2012 4:49 pm

DNomer wrote:Guys, it is just people. If the number of orders from the US is 3500 and the number of orders from Germany is 35, guess what the ratio of shipped cameras to the US vs Germany should be? (Those are just token numbers) Of course, it matters when the orders were placed, and I doubt BMD has a handle on that, except from the dealers / distributors, but fundamentally, there are lots of us waiting for this thing, and it looks like it is going to take awhile.

We are all hoping BMD will get the sensors flowing and get the production actually ramped up.

Germany has a population of 82million people (which is the most for a country in europe)... so the ratio to america should 4 cameras in the us and 1 in germany.. The ratio surely isnt followed by Blackmagic.. but who cares.. just get mass production started!
www.andreas-kaufmann.net

Fabián Matas

PostSun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm

DNomer wrote:Guys, it is just people. If the number of orders from the US is 3500 and the number of orders from Germany is 35, guess what the ratio of shipped cameras to the US vs Germany should be? (Those are just token numbers) Of course, it matters when the orders were placed, and I doubt BMD has a handle on that, except from the dealers / distributors, but fundamentally, there are lots of us waiting for this thing, and it looks like it is going to take awhile.

I'm 100% sure that there are more than 35 pre orders in germany. In the Barcelona reseller there were around 25 when I pre ordered and in Madrid there are at least 3 or 4 resellers and Spain is not in it's best economical so Germany will have more pre orders for sure.

Alex Tissot

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Do someone knows which European country received cameras?

Fabián Matas

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Spain have recieved some.

Mikolaj Kepinski

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm

read the first page.
no new cameras in europe so far.
Compendium Productions

Camera:
BMCC EF Warsaw/Lodz

Cinematographer
Mikolaj Kepinski
Norway +47 400-45-046

alvanorichie

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Albert N. Romero wrote:15-20 january fashion week berlin
I can see 3 paids that become unpaids (people are looking this camera for that, for hire like crazy)

Steven Tai is amazing, and im not just being a biased Canadian here. Love the interesting cuts of his clothing.
http://www.apparelnbags.com/gildan/index.htm

Jonas Bengtson

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Sweden (Protel) has received one (1).

Alex Tissot

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Jonas Bengtson wrote:Sweden (Protel) has received one (1).

LOL

:o

Tom

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 5:38 pm

cvp got 2 last week. that makes a total of 4 sent to them (I think) - 1 of which was a demo unit.
Tom Majerski
Colourist at Tracks and Layers
http://www.Tracksandlayers.com
Motion Graphics - Colour Grading - VFX

uzerov

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 8:54 am

Turkey has 3 cameras
Last edited by uzerov on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Creative Video just called me and said my camera has just come into stock. Should be getting tomorrow. I was down as 3/4th in the queue

Lord_Jim

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Info from MarcotecFB:

Blackmaigic started shipping the Blackmagic Camera (BMCC). Today the first one (!) arrived at our warehouse! The bad news is that Blackmagic let their dealers know that in January 2013 Blckmagic will only be able to ship enough cameras to serve customers that ordered in April 2012!. Is this crazy or what? Most likely customers the ordered in May 2012 will have to wait until February or march to get a camera. What do think about that. Let us and Blackmagic know. Visit www.marcotec-shop.com for regulary updates and Blackmagic products.

Andreas Kaufmann

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Blackmagic should ship as much as they can.. and I hope they can do more than that..
www.andreas-kaufmann.net

AndreasK

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 2:29 pm

OMG i ordered only in october... so I get it in july or what? :(

Albert N. Romero

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Lord_Jim wrote:Info from MarcotecFB:

Blackmaigic started shipping the Blackmagic Camera (BMCC). Today the first one (!) arrived at our warehouse! The bad news is that Blackmagic let their dealers know that in January 2013 Blckmagic will only be able to ship enough cameras to serve customers that ordered in April 2012!. Is this crazy or what? Most likely customers the ordered in May 2012 will have to wait until February or march to get a camera. What do think about that. Let us and Blackmagic know. Visit http://www.marcotec-shop.com for regulary updates and Blackmagic products.

Mmm weird. People that ordered later than others got their camera, just for being in another country
And now blackmagic talk with dealers... but dealers say always that they havent any info..
Psé

Tom

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm

I ordered in April, at the current rate (2 a week) that they are arriving at my reseller, it will be another 16 weeks.

I will be VERY surprised if I get mine this month.
Tom Majerski
Colourist at Tracks and Layers
http://www.Tracksandlayers.com
Motion Graphics - Colour Grading - VFX

Alex Tissot

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Lord_Jim wrote:Info from MarcotecFB:

Blackmaigic started shipping the Blackmagic Camera (BMCC). Today the first one (!) arrived at our warehouse! The bad news is that Blackmagic let their dealers know that in January 2013 Blckmagic will only be able to ship enough cameras to serve customers that ordered in April 2012!. Is this crazy or what? Most likely customers the ordered in May 2012 will have to wait until February or march to get a camera. What do think about that. Let us and Blackmagic know. Visit http://www.marcotec-shop.com for regulary updates and Blackmagic products.

+1

Very Happy :-)

I ordered in April 2012 :-)

I'll soon leave the forum... ;)

Mikolaj Kepinski

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 11:43 am

switzerland got 1 as well now..
Compendium Productions

Camera:
BMCC EF Warsaw/Lodz

Cinematographer
Mikolaj Kepinski
Norway +47 400-45-046

danap

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 3:00 pm

One camera in NORWAY. Is it a joke, or what?

Alex Tissot

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 12:45 am

Always only ONE camera in some shop!!!
I hope that a lot of camera were sent in europ during the last week!!!

Joke or world-lies?

Samjack

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 7:19 am

I recall BMD reps saying each and every dealers big or small is treated equally and get the same number of cameras at the same time anywhere in the world. Was that a lie?

Samjack

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 7:21 am

danap wrote:One camera in NORWAY. Is it a joke, or what?

Noway :lol:

steve connor

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Here in the UK, ours arrived on Friday. Looking forward to getting to know the camera

Jonas Bengtson

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 9:40 pm

My friend got one from ScandinavianPhoto last week in Sweden. He ordered early.

Mikolaj Kepinski

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm

my store in poland received their demo cam, and one guy from another store got Polands first client cam i think.

so in total 2 cams officialy in Poland and 2 fantom cams somewhere around poland :<
Compendium Productions

Camera:
BMCC EF Warsaw/Lodz

Cinematographer
Mikolaj Kepinski
Norway +47 400-45-046

Alex Tissot

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:13 pm

What about EUROPE, Grant/Christine and co. ???

We are fed up with waiting for each "14th" on december or january... with Update that never change, since June 2012 when we should have received our camera!!!

Enjoy your monthly fake updates for Europe!

Thanks...

wro

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Mikolaj Kepinski wrote:my store in poland received their demo cam, and one guy from another store got Polands first client cam i think.

so in total 2 cams officialy in Poland and 2 fantom cams somewhere around poland :<

In Poland now are only 2 camers - (one my and second is Cyfrowa Republika demo cam).

Coralio Ballester

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Liers

Alex Tissot

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 9:43 am

Liers

Phil S

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 am

I hear that not 1 single camera has shipped to Belgium for a real customer, I was told I was top of the list at FormatC but last week they said that someone else had ordered just a few seconds before me...amazing luck that person had (this is normal in Belgium where life sucks).

As we are now desperate to get filming Im looking on Ebay for one but all the cameras being sold seem to be in the US. There are now customers of shops there that order in January this year & have the camera....so maybe the only real way to get a camera is to buy US?

Phil - AprilFools order 25th 2012
Last edited by Phil S on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered 25th April 2012 at Format C in Antwerp (still waiting for it)
Next

Return to Cinematography