DueckinkQuad&MiniConverter

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Franko

DueckinkQuad&MiniConverter

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Hello,
I just got my DecklinkQuad card with MiniConverters HDMI to SDI. My plan was to connect my SonyZ7 cameras through converters into Decklink card.
Problems started when I tried to set update my miniconverters via USB to my computer. I use win7 64 i7 processor. None of my computers recognize this hardware. It says "no converter conected".
Second problem appeared when I connected my sonyZ7 via miniconverter to Decklink. Although sony gives HD signal, Decklink shows only SD (720x570i) and no sound. I tried to connect my Canon 600d, but without results. I'm frustrated and don't know what to do.
Any suggestions?

Franko

Re: DueckinkQuad&MiniConverter

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 2:56 am

I still got this problem...

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: DueckinkQuad&MiniConverter

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Hello,

That sounds very odd. The converter should show up in the converter utility. It should have access to audio and down conversion options.

I'd recommend making sure you have the latest version of the utility and then make sure the unit is powered on prior to connecting it via USB. Do all of the converters behave this way? While I could see maybe one of them having some sort of USB issue, i'd highly doubt that all of them would.

As for the input only showing SD that would suggest that the down converter is turned on. Try toggling the processing switch on the mini converter. You can toggle through a few different options until it starts coming in HD (the other three options are SD).

That should get the signal coming in.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started