Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

0 Byte Videos (or Zero Byte Videos)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

AndyThirtover

0 Byte Videos (or Zero Byte Videos)

PostTue Oct 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Dearest forum,

I'm on Fusion Beta 2 on Mac OSX and I'm often finding that my compositions are generating 0 byte videos without any warnings.

Here's a simple comp to demonstrate the issue, TestText1 will work, yet TestTextReflect will generate a 0 byte video. I've had a good look and change of the various params in the renderers, but to no avail.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks ... Andy
Attachments
TextTests1.comp.zip
(4.31 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

David Mathis

Re: 0 Byte Videos (or Zero Byte Videos)

PostTue Oct 27, 2015 4:38 pm

What version of OS X are you running? If it is El Capitan then this is most likely why. I did the update to the most current version, still having the same issue. In fact I have read several issues with El Capitan, too many to count.

As usual, did a clean install from ground up but did not clone the drive, let alone backup anything. That was a big mistake. I was able to render out uncompressed but the file will not work in my main editing application. None of the ProRes settings worked. This means downgrading to Yosemite until this issue is resolved, no pun intended.

AndyThirtover

PostTue Oct 27, 2015 7:00 pm

@David Mathis

Many thanks for that reply. I can confirm that I can render out in uncompressed. I have two systems a MBP and an iMac that run El-Capitan and they both display the same issues on the same comps.

This evening I migrated to the new iMac 5K with 32GB Memory and 4G VRAM -- it is many bad with Fusion. Full system crashes every 2-3 minutes. Apparently I'm up to date software wise except for xCode, which is just for development.

I'll go forum hunting, and then I'll probably have to post some of the crash dumps I've got this evening.

Regards

Andy

David Mathis

PostTue Oct 27, 2015 7:19 pm

You are welcome. Hoping to get an answer soon or at least a bug fix. I am probably going to let Apple know as well and see if I can find an answer in one of the support communities. I really want to migrate completely over to Resolve and Fusion. I do not want to migrate over to another platform. I was considering Linux but that will be cost prohibitive at the moment.

I also noticed that during setup of Resolve I got some message regarding the current version of OS X for reasons unknown. Just a warning triangle but nothing else. While everything installed, that I know of, I was hesitant to proceed further. Really want everything to be working correctly. At least I have another computer in the house with Yosemite on it. Going to set up a dual boot system as a safety net.

Return to Fusion