Davinci Resolve and Dual Boot OS (Win 7/OSX 10.6+)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MagicMavrik

Davinci Resolve and Dual Boot OS (Win 7/OSX 10.6+)

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Hello,
I work at an animation and post production house and we are looking to improve our workflow and color grading capabilities. Eventually looking to get to broadcast standards I wanted to ask a few questions about recommended set ups for Resolve being that I am trying to sell them on going that route. Everyone works on Mac Pro towers though mainly on the Windows 7 (64 Bit) side when editing in Adobe CS6. My job at times is to capture iPad screens with your Intensity Pro card and it works great. We just set it up for external monitoring as well. My main question is recommended graphics cards so that I can download and test Resolve 9 Beta before purchasing the full license. Luckily since we work in Adobe I am looking to get a Cuda card anyway for a performance boost but also so I can grade in Resolve.

Recommended GPUs?

Recommended Budget I/O devices for eventual Broadcast monitoring?

Thanks
MRW

Ian Brennen

Re: Davinci Resolve and Dual Boot OS (Win 7/OSX 10.6+)

PostWed Aug 22, 2012 2:32 pm

The 5770 that comes stock with the Mac tower should get you full play back with 444 footage. Other then that you have the 4000 card or the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285.

This is all listed in the DaVinci Resolve 8.2 Configuration for Mac located were you download the software.

Cheers,

Ian

Return to DaVinci Resolve