two screen

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
laurim

two screen

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 pm

I`m trying to capture video to my computer .I`ve got Intensity Pro card. I`m using HDMI-cable and camera is canon hv-30. When I`m capturating, capture screen will be divided and there is to two similar screens and there is green line in the middle an the srceen. It will capture the matherial but then I`ve got matherial where is two split screen and green line.

What i do wrong ?

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

Re: two screen

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello,

Looks like it may be a setting issue. We have come across this where the source is outputting a specific resolution and frame rate and if it is not exactly matched on the Media Express side of things, you may see what you are experiencing.

For example, if your HV30 is set to output at 1080i 59.94/60 and you have Media Express set to 1080p 30, you will see this split screen. Setting Media Express to 1080i 59.94 in this case should resolve this issue.

Please check this and if you have any other questions, do let us know.
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

mnkuba

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi Albert

I'm getting the same problem, except I've checked everything and yet I still can't seem to solve it. I'm using a Panasonic AG-AC130. Even when my camera settings match those of media express I still get the split screen with green bar. I also just get a black screen when I set it to 1080p 24 and 1080p 30.

- Mike

Liam Kennedy

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 am

Have you also configured the settings in the Blackmagic Design Control Panel? It needs to be correct all the way through.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Jeromey Shannon

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Just in case anyone googles this question I have the solution that worked for me. I'm using a Canon C300 as a live camera to an Intensity Pro through HMDI, and even though my C300 is set to "29.97p" the HDMI output is always "59.94i". So ensure the input framerate on your Intensity settings and capture software is 59.94i instead of 29.97p and the two pics with the green line between them will be fixed. The picture will look like it's progressive even though the HDMI is outputting interlaced. Hope this helps anyone with this problem.

Return to Getting Started