Black files after xml export to fcp

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Octavio Gasca

Black files after xml export to fcp

PostSat Feb 13, 2016 12:36 am

Hello, I have a strange problem. After grade my files and exporting back to final cut pro x I opened the xml file and every thing is in order. Fcp render the optimazation for files but after that beguns another render cycle and the files in the timeline goes to black, same thing when I playback the sequence.
I close and open fcp and sequence and files are fine, I mean, I can playback sequence and the files shows an image in timeline but in the first editing pause all clips goes to black again.
I have tried erasing my preferences in fcp, I relinked all files in fcp, I change the name's files and reimport to fcp but nothing of these helps.
Any ideas? I really apreciate your help, I'm in a midle of feature film grading :oops:
Thanks in advanced!
Octavio Gasca

Octavio Gasca

Re: Black files after xml export to fcp

PostTue Feb 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Ok just for the record...
I find a solution, I forget about the xml file and reinsert clip by clip again in timeline. I took me couple of hours but the xml roundtrip or export to final cut for some reason it doens'nt work with these files.
This is weird because each file rendered by Resolve works fine alone in finder or in my final cut project.
I'm working with Resolve lite 12.1 an FInal cut pro X 10.1.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve