VGA to SDI Recommendations

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

David Rosenbloom

VGA to SDI Recommendations

PostSat Feb 13, 2016 2:55 am

Greetings,

I am looking for a recommendation on a scaling VGA to SDI converter that won't break the bank. It is for the purpose of bringing analog laptop video into a Production Studio 4K running at 1080i 59.94.

Thanks.

Xtreemtec

Re: VGA to SDI Recommendations

PostWed Feb 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Search the internet for the Multi2Sdi converters.

We have boughted them from broadcastgear.eu

That box do everything from VGA, DVI, HDMI, Composite, Component, YC and audio to SDI.. With a scaling engine that goes up to 1080P60..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Colin Sandy

PostSat Feb 27, 2016 11:28 am

The Datavideo DAC-70 is an excellent device for the price ($500).
Colin Sandy
Sandy Audio Visual LLC

Clinton Vadnais

PostTue Mar 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Xtreemtec wrote:Search the internet for the Multi2Sdi converters.

Hi. I am hoping someone can help a bit in this realm. I recently got an ATEM 1 M/E at work. In planning I found your posts and though the Multi to SDI was a good option. I also need to get a VGA feed into my ATEM. The Multi2SDI has DVI connection and I put a VGA to DVI on that input. So far I've been unable to get signal into the ATEM. I've tried various settings on the ATEM and the scaler. So far I don't get any signal. I know the ATEM can be really picky about signal. According to your post though if the settings are the same it should be working. I'm really itching to get this to work and any help would be much appreciated. I also don't know what the 1000/1001 Fraction setting is supposed to do.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 am

Fraction is 59.94/60 settings. But also toggles 16:9 4:3 sqeeuze.

Check that you have a dvi vga converter with the analog pins in there. The cross with 4 pins along Side.
Also do you have the older version with the buttons. Or newer version with the dipswitch?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Off-Topic