Timeline Lost

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

VinceHerbert

Timeline Lost

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 11:13 am

After upgrading to 12.5, I appear to have lost the timeline information for all my (very many) previous projects, the timeline icon is there on the media page but it is empty on the editing page.
I have backed-up all my databases including my "resolve projects" folder but when I roll back the situation stays the same.
Can anyone tell me where the timeline information is stored as it doesn't seem to be anywhere that I can find.

Marc Wielage

Re: Timeline Lost

PostSat Apr 30, 2016 11:21 am

That sucks!

I have not had this happen, but my advice would be: 1) call BMD support. This is a pretty massive malfunction that they'll have to investigate.

And 2) if you have a backup of your project database (which I hope you have), my advice would be to downgrade to 12.3, manually export those project files as DRPs, then install 12.5 again and import them all one at a time. That's the brute force method, but it will work.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve