Unable to change cache clip directory Windows

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Tissavary

Unable to change cache clip directory Windows

PostWed Jul 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi - testing Resolve 12.5 on a window 10 system to see if i'll take the plunge and move away from Apple hardware... I want to SOOOOOOOOO badly.

Anywho - seems to all be working quite well, but every time I select a cache clip directory and hit save, it doesn't actually change it.

One quirk: the drive I want to use is mac formatted using Macdrive 10 to mount. It's the only external drive i have right now, other than a puny SSD system drive for this test.

thanks,

J
John Tissavary
colorist
the post collective

Adam Simmons

Re: Unable to change cache clip directory Windows

PostThu Jul 28, 2016 6:46 am

If it's in MAC format then that's possibly why. The system may not be seeing it as a valid drive as it's not using a standard Windows drive format
Last edited by Adam Simmons on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Unable to change cache clip directory Windows

PostThu Jul 28, 2016 7:18 am

John Tissavary wrote:Hi - testing Resolve 12.5 on a window 10 system to see if i'll take the plunge and move away from Apple hardware... I want to SOOOOOOOOO badly.

Anywho - seems to all be working quite well, but every time I select a cache clip directory and hit save, it doesn't actually change it.

One quirk: the drive I want to use is mac formatted using Macdrive 10 to mount. It's the only external drive i have right now, other than a puny SSD system drive for this test.

thanks,

J

Make sure the drive you want to use is one of the configured volumes in Preferences/Storage section.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Return to DaVinci Resolve