Audio playback from Desktop with Mini Monitor

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rignold Haywood

Audio playback from Desktop with Mini Monitor

PostTue Aug 16, 2016 9:57 am

Hi

I'm using Resolve on an iMac with a BM Mini Monitor feeding my color reference monitor. Problem is the monitor (Eizo) has no audio functionality. How can I monitor my audio with this configuration? I've tried setting the system settings to use the computer's audio out but once you're in Resolve that setting appears to be ignored. There used to be a setting for this in Resolve, has it been removed?
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares, you"re a mile away and you have his shoes.

Paul Willis

Re: Audio playback from Desktop with Mini Monitor

PostTue Aug 16, 2016 10:46 am

'Use System Audio Output' in preferences should do it. You get at this from the main preferences in the menu bar, not the project settings (the cog icon).

The only other option would be to get a HDMI audio splitter to extract audio from the mini monitor's HDMI feed, but you shouldn't need to do that.
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-Core
RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Rignold Haywood

PostTue Aug 16, 2016 10:54 am

Thanks Paul, I actually figured it out almost immediately after posting. It works fine. Duh!
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares, you"re a mile away and you have his shoes.

Uli Plank

PostTue Aug 16, 2016 3:47 pm

Watch out for sync!
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Paul Willis

PostTue Aug 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Yes indeed, sync is another consideration when you're using a different soundcard to the video output device. I already had a HDMI splitter so used that on one of my mini monitor systems to avoid worrying about sync.
www.chief.tv
www.paulwilliscolour.com

AMD Threadripper 3970X 32-Core
RTX 3090 24GB
128GB RAM
Windows 11

Return to DaVinci Resolve