Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

nivou

Re: Camera Shipping Update: 1/14

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Tom wrote:
I'm from Spain and I have to pay around 3000€ because we have our VAT up to 21% (thanks to the delay) so... :(

And there's more my friend if you don't believe me. Go to blackmagic's resellers and pick for example one from GERMANY and see the price. You will see something like 2,249 euros (excluding VAT) and 2,517 euros including VAT. Take the first amount and put your VAT again, it's 2,721 euros, not 3,000 euros. As you can see, their making fan of us. Maybe they believe that southern EU countries must pay more, I don't know...

adamroberts

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 pm

nivou wrote:My Mediterranean friend, don't blame the VAT, we have a 23% here but the price is not justified by the VAT differences between EU countries. For example pick an online store wherever you like in EU, see the price ex. VAT and put your country's VAT. That's not the case. For example in UK, which is an EU member (for now), the price excluding VAT is 1,790 pounds and if we put your VAT is 2,165.90 pounds and in euros that's around 2,520 so as you can see, VAT is not the issue, but the premium they putting. Total unfair and unprofessional.

Each EU country has it's own Import Duties and Excise. That is the TAX added to goods imported from outside the EU. This is added before VAT is added. This is not controlled by the EU but by each country. The each country has it's own distribution channels that add mark-ups.

In the UK there is higher turn over of goods than in many of the other countries in the EU and so the mark-up on goods can be more competitive as they sell more and profit margin can be smaller.

nivou

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm

adamroberts wrote:
nivou wrote:My Mediterranean friend, don't blame the VAT, we have a 23% here but the price is not justified by the VAT differences between EU countries. For example pick an online store wherever you like in EU, see the price ex. VAT and put your country's VAT. That's not the case. For example in UK, which is an EU member (for now), the price excluding VAT is 1,790 pounds and if we put your VAT is 2,165.90 pounds and in euros that's around 2,520 so as you can see, VAT is not the issue, but the premium they putting. Total unfair and unprofessional.

Each EU country has it's own Import Duties and Excise. That is the TAX added to goods imported from outside the EU. This is added before VAT is added. This is not controlled by the EU but by each country. The each country has it's own distribution channels that add mark-ups.

In the UK there is higher turn over of goods than in many of the other countries in the EU and so the mark-up on goods can be more competitive as they sell more and profit margin can be smaller.

500 euros more?? I don't think so. As I wrote on previous message, some countries import directly from UK, so, there's not such thing. You can take the plane take it and come back with 300 euros left in your pocket... come on! There's not such a variation in any product I've seen in my life.

adamroberts

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:19 pm

nivou wrote:
adamroberts wrote:Each EU country has it's own Import Duties and Excise. That is the TAX added to goods imported from outside the EU. This is added before VAT is added. This is not controlled by the EU but by each country. The each country has it's own distribution channels that add mark-ups.

500 euros more?? I don't think so. As I wrote on previous message, some countries import directly from UK, so, there's not such thing. You can take the plane take it and come back with 300 euros left in your pocket... come on! There's not such a variation in any product I've seen in my life.

Then it's your local distributor and reseller that is ripping you off.

nivou

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:23 pm

adamroberts wrote:
nivou wrote:
adamroberts wrote:Each EU country has it's own Import Duties and Excise. That is the TAX added to goods imported from outside the EU. This is added before VAT is added. This is not controlled by the EU but by each country. The each country has it's own distribution channels that add mark-ups.

I 've doubled checked with two retailers, and I've learned that they get the suggested prices from a list that is provided by BMD in UK.

nivou

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 pm

adamroberts wrote:

If you find a spare, I can buy it on a premium! Is it 2,300 pounds ok for you?

Perry Mulder

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

In the Netherlands the price is also 3000 euro's, some even sell for 3050 euro's,

That's preorder price, so I don't know if that wil change after it's in stock?

Perry
"http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?15224-My-first-82min-featurelength-film-(filmed-with-BMPC)"

nivou

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 6:46 pm

From my research, the price in Europe varies from 2,450 to 3,050 euros including taxes. Also I remember that in the beginning the higher price was 2,990 euros and after July the raised it. That's not a "locked" price, is supply and demand price...

Carlos Delilah

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 am

Why don't you guys start a thread about prices, taxes, and VAT. This one is about shipping.

The post below this one is pointless.
Last edited by Carlos Delilah on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darryl Gregory

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 1:13 am

cls105 wrote:Why don't you guys start a thread about prices, taxes, and VAT. This one is about shipping.

Great idea cls105, and while you guys are at it post your gas/fuel prices here it's $5.00 a gallon again :evil:
They call it Summer gas blend? lol Gotta love California.

nivou

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 am

Sorry, I've forgot that this is the "Whining about my camera is not here yet" thread.

bhook

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 pm

nivou wrote:Sorry, I've forgot that this is the "Whining about my camera is not here yet" thread.

It seems to have morphed into a "whining because my camera is too expensive" thread. :lol:

nivou

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

mhood wrote:
nivou wrote:Sorry, I've forgot that this is the "Whining about my camera is not here yet" thread.

It seems to have morphed into a "whining because my camera is too expensive" thread. :lol:

At least, is something more important and it can be informative consumer-wise. Whining in this forum about something that cannot be fixed or do something about will not bring you your camera faster

nivou

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Not to mention that I'll take my camera faster than you... :lol:

bhook

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Have you considered giving it six months and buying a used BMC EF?

nivou

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:14 pm

mhood wrote:Have you considered giving it six months and buying a used BMC EF?

I think that most of us here need the camera for some sort of a project. Maybe would be a good idea, maybe all those current issues will be solved with a firmware till then, but I' m not into second hand thing. I don't know how the previous person treated the camera and there's no BMD in my country, only reseller, so I cannot check the camera.

ckmayeux

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Great news! If you (like me) had the combo deal with B&H that includes the camera and handles for $3001.35 you can call and change your order to get the same deal Adorama is offering, Switronix power base kit & camera for $3095.00!
Ordered From: B&H
Order Date: 09/16/2012
Delivery: Not yet....

nivou

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:36 pm

That's a good deal for the States. Unfortunately if you are in Europe, and in countries like Greece, Spain etc. you will have to go with the local retailer and pay 3,050 euros (That's around $4,120)

Que Thompson

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 6:14 pm

nivou wrote:That's a good deal for the States. Unfortunately if you are in Europe, and in countries like Greece, Spain etc. you will have to go with the local retailer and pay 3,050 euros (That's around $4,120)

Uuuumm.. Don't Europeans get paid in euros? It's essentially the same. I think a variation only applies when the countries currency value is less than the dollar.

Fabián Matas

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Jack Warhol wrote:
nivou wrote:That's a good deal for the States. Unfortunately if you are in Europe, and in countries like Greece, Spain etc. you will have to go with the local retailer and pay 3,050 euros (That's around $4,120)

Uuuumm.. Don't Europeans get paid in euros? It's essentially the same. I think a variation only applies when the countries currency value is less than the dollar.

Usually in Europe everything is more expensive because sellers tend to do a transfer $=€ we also have to pay VAT and that's different in each country, in Spain is actually the 21% of the value.

kassim

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Just spoke with my reseller which is Hotrod Cameras, and was told they spoke with Blackmagic yesterday and that I shouldn't expect my camera until April sometime. BTW I preordered early June and Im #7 in line. Total BS!!!! Sorry guys, not trying to whine but Im just a little pissed right now.
Kassim Norris

sean mclennan

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 pm

I feel your frustration!

I ordered from Vistek in Canada (the largest retailer for video gear in canada) in the middle of Sept. Today they told me they haven't received a single camera, except for their in-store demo unit.

So seeing Adorama/BH getting cameras while mine is not definitely sucks...but this is commerce. The biggest fish get the bait. Adorama and BH probably have a huge number of cameras on order compared to our companies.

I just love the image out of this camera so much :\ but my patience is wearing out.

soulsurfer

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 pm

i´ll cancel my order next week...a project start in a month...i dont see the camera coming till then...

Xtreemtec

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 pm

It's really weird.. People waiting a year for there camera to ship.. While others (a topic on this board) the guy has 3 BMCC camera's ............ :?

How is this possible......
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

kassim

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 pm

sean mclennan wrote:I just love the image out of this camera so much :\ but my patience is wearing out.

Yes!! Same here my friend
Kassim Norris

Michael Jenkins

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 12:03 am

kassim wrote:
msjenkin wrote:Has anyone received cameras from Hot Rod Cameras? I ordered in July.

No not yet. I ordered with Hot Rod as well and Im #7 in line, I ordered June 15th. I do know they have received 2 so far and I think they have about 80-90 orders. We should get ours real soon. Do you know what number in line you are?

I think I am somewhere around #9 so hopefully soon!

sicovanderplas

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am

Netherlands still no shipments,
only demo models.

Tough luck that the bigest rentalhouse received units, and retailers are still waiting..

yannickbelleauroy

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 3:23 am

Xtreemtec wrote:It's really weird.. People waiting a year for there camera to ship.. While others (a topic on this board) the guy has 3 BMCC camera's ............ :?

How is this possible......

Here is what a dealer said to me (and I missed my chance because I contact him to late :( ) : A few minuets ago, my suppliers at Blackmagic called me. They said that they have just received a small shipment and that they are fulfilling orders not in order. They are shipping cameras to people who ordered one or two. People who order large quantities are only going to receive one or two cameras.

What this all means is that if you are serious in wanting a camera, there is a high probability that we will be able to order one for you within a few days instead of a few months. The order needs to be placed beyond ASAP, before their stock runs out.

JerryBruck

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 4:09 am

Things seem to be turning a little sour &/or strange here. Maybe I can help:

I was among the very first to recognize the importance of the initial BMCC announcement, in fact I remember explaining it at length -- as a game-changer -- to a mystified buyer at B&H PhotoVideo and urging him to get in on the ground floor before it was too late. Small thanks for this, I imagine! they'll skin me alive if recognized, I wear the beard from an old Santa Claus costume on the rare occasions I still dare to go over there.

It's approaching a year now, and like most of you -- I still don't have the camera! I should mention I never ordered one in the first place -- for a number of reasons ... it just wasn't possible, ok? Meanwhile this super-gigantic line forms and turns into the slowest-moving line since I-don't- know-when. Can you imagine how I feel? Maybe not!

On top of that there's been the question, would this camera plus all the stonking accessories (especially for editing RAW) actually pay, or would the accumulated cost send me to the bottom, like the Titanic? Even if this all worked out, would the gates of Art then open and whisk me through? More than one poster here has been pleased to say that hardware won't save you, but how can this be true -- what about a life vest & dry-suit on that same Titanic?! Exactly! So much for the primacy of so-called Talent. Beware these online strangers claiming to be the only adults in the room!

Anyway and in spite of all this I've managed to keep my spirits up, applying Talking-to-Myself Technique (tm). Those of you in need of relief should feel free to contact me, though the Forum I guess. My ministrations will cost considerably less than the (maybe-phantom) camera, let alone an editing set-up. If your native language is other than English -- my soothing, consolatory and straighten-up therapy utilizes brain waves, so language will be no barrier. I can begin radiating directly to Your head the moment payment is received.

Thank you.

Samjack

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 4:41 am

All this about Europe getting the same as US is bull. We all know US got the lion share of the shipments.
B&H and Adorama probably recieved similar number of cameras. Adorama had fewer preorders that maybe explain why they are cutting through their preorders but wouldnt be surprise if they had more cameras than B&H.

Samjack

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 4:47 am

JerryBruck wrote:Things seem to be turning a little sour &/or strange here. Maybe I can help:

I was among the very first to recognize the importance of the initial BMCC announcement, in fact I remember explaining it at length -- as a game-changer -- to a mystified buyer at B&H PhotoVideo and urging him to get in on the ground floor before it was too late. Small thanks for this, I imagine! they'll skin me alive if recognized, I wear the beard from an old Santa Claus costume on the rare occasions I still dare to go over there.

It's approaching a year now, and like most of you -- I still don't have the camera! I should mention I never ordered one in the first place -- for a number of reasons ... it just wasn't possible, ok? Meanwhile this super-gigantic line forms and turns into the slowest-moving line since I-don't- know-when. Can you imagine how I feel? Maybe not!

On top of that there's been the question, would this camera plus all the stonking accessories (especially for editing RAW) actually pay, or would the accumulated cost send me to the bottom, like the Titanic? Even if this all worked out, would the gates of Art then open and whisk me through? More than one poster here has been pleased to say that hardware won't save you, but how can this be true -- what about a life vest & dry-suit on that same Titanic?! Exactly! So much for the primacy of so-called Talent. Beware these online strangers claiming to be the only adults in the room!

Anyway and in spite of all this I've managed to keep my spirits up, applying Talking-to-Myself Technique (tm). Those of you in need of relief should feel free to contact me, though the Forum I guess. My ministrations will cost considerably less than the (maybe-phantom) camera, let alone an editing set-up. If your native language is other than English -- my soothing, consolatory and straighten-up therapy utilizes brain waves, so language will be no barrier. I can begin radiating directly to Your head the moment payment is received.

Thank you.

Sorry but you sound like a sex line :roll:

JerryBruck

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 5:42 am

Sex is extra Samjack, sorry -- not that you yourself are not a super-attractive man or woman.

Steve Lee Jean

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 7:06 am

I hope the shipping problem gets sorted out a lot. It genuinely does stink to work professionally and having to be continually delayed due to production/shipping and meeting pre-order demand. The BMCC looks so promising and the addition of Resolve is just simply superb.

I move between my home in Los Angeles and South Korea, and have already met a handful of people who have decided to move on from the BMCC unfortunately. Everyone citing shipping issues and the pending KineRaw MINI announcement at NAB 2013.

Come on BM, I'm pulling for ya'll!
Director/Writer
Busan, South Korea + Los Angeles, CA

12345franz

PostFri Feb 08, 2013 3:26 pm

One BMCC EF in Dresden (Germany) :D
Ordered Begin of May 2012.

www.facebook.com/blaufilm

Eduardo Gonzalez

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 2:21 am

Cancelled
Last edited by Eduardo Gonzalez on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

TuTodd

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

c.carlos.n wrote:
TuTodd wrote:Early May 2012 order from B&H. Picked it up from UPS today!

Hope to get some test footage soon!

FOLLOW ME:
http://instagram.com/jovoansanders

http://www.JoVoanSanders.com

Hope you all get yours soon!

like before or after the 15th of May?

i ordered in may then realized they just put a hold on y card then so i called back the first week of may and told them to charge my card.

before.

Gan Eden

PostWed Sep 18, 2013 12:05 pm

ckmayeux wrote:Great news! If you (like me) had the combo deal with B&H that includes the camera and handles for $3001.35 you can call and change your order to get the same deal Adorama is offering, Switronix power base kit & camera for $3095.00!

Yanks get special treatment compared with the rest of the world though.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostWed Sep 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Gan Eden wrote:Yanks get special treatment compared with the rest of the world though.

See:
viewtopic.php?p=80969&sid=4c69dd7950ec52c060158fd69fc16092#p80969

-
Previous

Return to Cinematography