No Audio with Black Magic Intensity Pro

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

bobsterg

No Audio with Black Magic Intensity Pro

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 am

Hi all,

I have a PS3 hooked up via component-in to a Black Magic Intensity Pro. I have the video showing up just fine, but I'm not getting audio. If I put the two audio jacks into the line-in on my sound card, I get the sound, so it's not the PS3. I've set the audio in to "Component Video and Analog RCA Audio" within the Black Magic Design Control Panel. Is there anything else I have to do?

I guess I either need a way to troubleshoot the audio issue with my BM card or figure out how record from a different source inside Media Express.

Thanks!

bobsterg

Re: No Audio with Black Magic Intensity Pro

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Does Black Magic not support these any longer? I've had a fairly simple issue for a week now...

Mike Squires

PostSun Feb 03, 2013 10:50 pm

What type of sound card are you using?

Also, when audio is plugged into the Intensity Pro, in Media Express, do you see the audio levels moving?

EDIT:

Also, can you test a DVD player? (Component video and analog audio in the Intensity).

Masato

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Same problem here.
I've set the audio in to S-Video & Analog RCA Audio within the Black Magic Design Control Panel.

The audio levels don't move.

Is it normal, that it's not listet as a recording device.

When I try to record from HDMI, everything works.

Mike Squires

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 am

It's not normal, I use component and analog audio capture all the time, and it works fine.

Masato

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 11:24 am

Just tried it with my old computer (phenom 9950 and IGP) and guess what ... it works^^.
The BMI is also not listed as a audio recording device.

Nomura Ricardo

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Looks like it's normal, I also can see my bar levels moving but no audio at the desktop. To hear audio I need to connect the second monitor to the output of the Intensity, use a P2 cable to connect that back to my computer.

I've regretted SO MUCH for buying this Blackmagic product, there is no proper documentation, much of the problems and solutions you discover "as you go" or you discover after you buy the card, like old consoles like SNES, Saturn and many others It's not compatible with Intensity Pro.

Return to Getting Started