Audio tracks

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dong Woo Kim

Audio tracks

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 8:51 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to this software but I learned quite a lot by watching tutorials in youtube. So I recorded a test with OBS where I record the video, the audio track 1 (my mic), audio track 2 (desktop audio), audio track 3 (discord/voip audio) and audio track 4 (contains all audio). I opened the file in VCL media player and I can hear all tracks very clear. However when I drag the file in DaVinci Resolve, only track 1 (my mic) has visible waves and the rest of the audio tracks have no waves.

I was thinking it could be the gpu because it is not the best out there. The gpu I am using right now is the amd radeon r7 240. I can not think of any other reasons why it does not work. Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Simon Brown

Re: Audio tracks

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 9:25 pm

As far as I know, multitrack audio in mp4 or mov files has never worked in Resolve. I extract the additional audio tracks using ffmpeg and import them into Resolve separately.

Peter Cave

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 11:53 am

Multitrack audio works perfectly with ProRes MOV files. Maybe it's an mpeg4 issue, but I did a test and could not replicate the problem you are having.
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Dong Woo Kim

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Simon Brown wrote:As far as I know, multitrack audio in mp4 or mov files has never worked in Resolve. I extract the additional audio tracks using ffmpeg and import them into Resolve separately.

Thanks for the response, I just downloaded ffmpeg and I would like to know what code you use to extract the audio tracks separately.

Return to DaVinci Resolve