Is posible to output audio in internal keying mode?

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

Helmuth Schmitz

Is posible to output audio in internal keying mode?

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi!

Is it possible to schedule or output audio samples while i'm doing internal keying mode?

I want to mix samples from another sources with samples comming from input.

I know that i can use two boards or boards with two channel to do this, capturing in channel 1,
and then, mixing my own audio over captured samples, and so, playing all at channel 2.

But, i would like to know if is possible, just do internal key to playout my video with alpha and
schedule samples, all togheter in 1 channel

Sorry for my english

Dave Johnstone

Re: Is posible to output audio in internal keying mode?

PostMon Mar 13, 2017 8:54 am

I have just tested this in my development machine (Decklink HD Extreme 3D+) and, no the Decklink passes only the incoming embedded audio when in internal keying mode. It does embed audio in external key mode, of course.

Regards,

Dave.
Freelance Television Broadcast Engineer
and Software Programmer.

Walter Sonius

Re: Is posible to output audio in internal keying mode?

PostSat May 06, 2017 8:48 pm

This internal keyer audio mixer feature is added since Desktop Video 10.8.2 on Windows and 10.9 on Linux when using Decklink "4K" SDI or newer/expensive cards! :D

Can confirm this for the Decklink SDI 4K, however the non 4K does only pass the audio from the SDI-input and will only show video from the CarparCG interalkey feed. See user "premultiply" in this github thread.

https://github.com/CasparCG/Server/issu ... -263318283

Return to Software Developers