Heeeelp PPro to Resolve

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Fabien Simoni

Heeeelp PPro to Resolve

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm becoming crazy trying put a Premiere Pro CC 2015 project in resolve 12.

I try to import an XML but my items are not found...
My sequence that I export in XML is clean, no effect, no audio... and only one video track.
An other big problem: Some footage are shot with a DSLR and some of them have the same name but are not the same. Impossible to name the footage when shooting (thank u Sony). The consequence: some footage are not the same when I import the XML!

Please help, for the best way to proceed.

THX!

Patrick Taylor

Re: Heeeelp PPro to Resolve

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Might want to try importing all clips into Resolve BEFORE importing the XML. Make sure to uncheck the checkbox to "Automatically import source clips". And of course, make sure clips have not been renamed in PPRo.

Fabien Simoni

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi Patrick,
Thx for your quick answer.
I'll try this and feed back if it's working.
Don't you know if after import the xml with all the media in the media pool, it's possible to say to resolve.
This clip on the time line is corresponding to this clip in the media pool, one by one?

Thx again

Patrick Taylor

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Try my suggestion first. I think it may help. But yes, you can "force conform" each clip if needed. Just select the proper clip in the media pool and then right click on the corresponding clip in the timeline and choose Force Conform to Selected Clip (verbiage may be different. I'm not in front of my computer right now). Note that if the time code is screwed up this may not work. It may load the clip but mis-align it. You should be comparing to an offline reference movie so you can compare, yes?

You can also try checking "Assist using Reel Names" in the project settings.

Fabien Simoni

PostTue Mar 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi Patrick,

I try to replace one by one the clip in the timeline with the clip in the media pool like you say. It's fix partially the problem because like you notice, the time code is not good and clips in the time line are different and all the video editing done in Premiere is lost...

Any solution to find again the good time code?
Maybe in the settings and an other thing to do before in Premiere?

Thx again

Return to Post Production