Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

h264 support in linux

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Kuntal Majumder

h264 support in linux

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 6:36 pm

At the moment Fusion for linux do not support h264 loading in a composition. Is it available for Studio users? If yes , ok I get it , if no, is this an WIP or just it would not be supported.

Anyway I wrote a script to convert video files into image sequences. Is there any way that fusion would invoke this whenever I load a video file in Fusion, it uses ffmpeg.
Attachments
script.tar.gz
(300 Bytes) Downloaded 79 times

michael vorberg

Re: h264 support in linux

PostThu Mar 16, 2017 6:57 pm

fusion on linux currently supports no video container formats, maybe this will change in a future version.

i guess the reason is that Fusion on OsX and Windows uses the OS native Quicktime libary, because on Linux there is nothing like that there is no video in Fusion in linux

Kuntal Majumder

Re: h264 support in linux

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 7:42 am

michael vorberg wrote:i guess the reason is that Fusion on OsX and Windows uses the OS native Quicktime libary, because on Linux there is nothing like that there is no video in Fusion in linux

Umm no, there are many 'things' like that (we also watch movies and listen music) , but Fusion at the moment uses Quicktime.

As a side note Resolve Studio supports h264 in linux, so thus I was asking if that was the same for Fusion too.

Return to Fusion