Intensity Pro 4k for Dual boot system

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Stephen Buckley

Intensity Pro 4k for Dual boot system

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 pm

Howdy, I'v recently installed Win10 with my Win7 system; so I basically have a dual boot on a single computer. I was hoping that Win10 would correct an issue I'm having with Resolve in Win7, which it inconsistently has.

Anyways the main reason that I'm writing is that I also have the Intensity Pro 4K card installed, however say if I'm using Resolve w/ Intesity Pro in Win7 and then later decide I need to reboot to Win10 and then use Resolve, the first prompt I get while Resolve is launching is that I need to update (even if I have the newest update) the drivers for the Intensity Pro 4K. SO, I go ahead and download (again) the most recent version install it and Resolve works fine with the Intensity Pro. Now, say I go back to Win7 (usually because I have most of my other programs installed there currently) and eventually run Resolve, I get the same type of popup error, needing to update my drivers for the Intensity. If I refuse to update or comply with this screen, I can still run resolve, but the Intensity output is blank.

This error seems really weird since the drivers are installed on the appropriate Windows partition, so nothing should be rewritten. Is there some kind of buffer in the hardware that remembers the last successful location of the drivers? Please advise.
Davinci Resolve Studio 18 - Windows 10 Pro - DELL 7910 Intel Xeon E5v3 @ 2.60GHz 12-core Tower Workstation with 96GB ram - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 TI - 1300w PSU

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: Intensity Pro 4k for Dual boot system

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 pm

If you install same driver version for both system then it should work on both.
Key points to have same driver version or at least versions which use the same firmware for the card (e.g. 10.7.x drivers range or 10.8x). Try uninstalling and instilling again on both Win versions (try different versions- newer/older). If still not good then there is probably not much what you can do about it.

Return to Post Production