UltraStudio Express

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jeremyreger

UltraStudio Express

PostSat Mar 18, 2017 1:18 am

I apologize in advance for the pure ignorance of this post, but I need help. :shock:

We purchased the UltraStudio Express based on a recommendation of a colleague. I'm not sure if there are multiple versions, but ours has a thunderbolt port on it, at first I thought it was needless for our operation and we would be able to use the breakout cables to take the the incoming audio from 3 pin XLR and video from HDMI and pipe it into a PC via USB Type A.. I cannot find any way right now to get it from the blackmagic ultrastudio express into the PC to then use it for wirecast.

Any help or assistance would be awesome.

We are running all this through a hp envy 750-124. and a Canon XF205

THANKS! :D

Craig Seeman

Re: UltraStudio Express

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Thunderbolt port requires a computer with a Thunderbolt port. If you have a newer computer with Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port, there's a Startech adaptor to go from Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3.

I'm not sure if Blackmagic makes an Express USB3 version anymore since I don't see it on their product page. You might need the Intensity Shuttle USB3

jeremyreger

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Thanks! The issue now is getting to return the UltraStudio Express haha.. We can get analog audio inputs for the 3 pin XLR I assume.. I really liked the breakout cable option, but the Intensity Shuttle is cheaper.

:)

jeremyreger

PostMon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 pm

just wanted to confirm the Intensity Shuttle can take HDMI Video and 3 pin XLR audio so we can go into a a PC for Live Streaming from the video camera?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 6:09 pm

The Intensity Shuttle does not have XLR connection support. To see the different types of connections available for the product, you can view them from the products page. Select capture and playback>Intensity.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

jeremyreger

PostTue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 pm

one thing I heard bad about the audio and video with the ultra express was that it had sync issues.. If I brought in video and sound over HDMI is that going to perform well enough for streaming Video?
say to Facebook and youtube

Return to Live Production