Has anyone bought from Gini Rigs?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Brad Ballew

Has anyone bought from Gini Rigs?

PostFri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 am

I tried to buy a rig from Ginirigs.com and when I get to check out it says this:

"Invalid PayPal Standard Configuration
In order to use PayPal Standard Checkout you must enter your PayPal Email Address in the Cart66 Settings Panel or use the WordPress page editor to replace the gateway shortcode on your store/checkout page with the checkout shortcode for the gateway you intend to use."

The little research I have done leads me to believe that I have to buy some software that lets me check out called Cart66. Is this right? Who's bright idea was it to have such a terrible check out system? I heard good things about the rig, and what you get for the price is amazing... but can just have a simple good ole fashion check out? Please?
Brad Ballew
Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Motion Graphics
http://www.bradballew.com/

Filmfish

Re: Has anyone bought from Gini Rigs?

PostFri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 am

I have the extreme 17 from them. Great product at a great price. i used this website and had no problems:
http://www.ginirigs-usa.com

Brad Ballew

PostFri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 am

Filmfish wrote:I have the extreme 17 from them. Great product at a great price. i used this website and had no problems:
http://www.ginirigs-usa.com

Ahh this is a different website than what I saw before. Thank you very much, you have been most helpful. Yeah I watched a pretty long video review on the Gini Puing A and the guy was raving about it. I haven't seen such a decked out rig for such a low price. Glad to hear another positive review. :)
Brad Ballew

Hearnia

PostFri Feb 22, 2013 2:11 pm

Supposedly everything that isn't ginirigs.com is an imposter reseller.
vimeo.com/hearnstudios

metaljesus

PostFri Feb 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Gini has told me he'll be releasing BMCC specific products when he recieves his camera.

So that could be anywhere from tomorrow to 2 years ...

muratcangokce

PostMon Feb 25, 2013 8:42 am

I heard lots of good comments on gini rig, but I think I'll go with ikan cinefly for bmcc. I also heard that fotga's latest follow focus system (dp500 II) is really nice and durable, and cheap of course!
www.muratcan.film

RoccoMusic

PostMon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 pm

I have the Extreme-17 from GiniRig. I was very surprised at the excellent build quality when I received it. Looks and feels exactly like Zacuto, for about 1/4 the price.

Brad Ballew

PostTue Feb 26, 2013 12:44 am

Just fot my Gini Rig today. Ordered it just last Friday... that's pretty quick coming from over seas. I really like it a lot. Was running around downtown Dallas today shoot some b-roll for the station I work at. It performed wonderfully. For those that don't know they are doing a bundled deal on their website of the Gini Extreme-17 and one of their sliders for the price of what you'd buy the Extreme-17 by itself. Unfortunately I saw this too late, but anyone who is looking for gear might want to check it out.
Brad Ballew

Lorenzo Straight

PostMon Mar 11, 2013 1:17 pm

[post removed]

Thanks for this information, Filmista, I almost purchased from the Ginirigs-usa.com site today. Soooo glad I looked around for reviews on this site first. Well my question now is, why haven't the real ginirigs owner not done anything about the counterfeit site yet?
Last edited by Lorenzo Straight on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-4K-605-2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-5700HQ (Broadwell)-16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM-1TB 7200 rpm HDD + 128GB M.2 SSD-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU (6GB GDDR5)-15.6" UHD + 4K IPS Display-3840 x 2160
-Windows 8.1

Thomas Schumacher

PostMon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Lorenzo Straight wrote: Well my question now is, why haven't the real ginirigs owner not done anything about the counterfeit site yet?

What I recall haviong read is that gini-rigs is a small Indian company - they might just not care about it, but as a small Indian company I guess you neither have the man- nor the financial power to begin a lawsuit with a company in the US.

Just my 2C.
https://www.gernemehrfilm.de/

Lorenzo Straight

PostMon Mar 11, 2013 5:57 pm

gmf wrote:
Lorenzo Straight wrote: Well my question now is, why haven't the real ginirigs owner not done anything about the counterfeit site yet?

What I recall haviong read is that gini-rigs is a small Indian company - they might just not care about it, but as a small Indian company I guess you neither have the man- nor the financial power to begin a lawsuit with a company in the US.

Just my 2C.

I see your point.
MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-4K-605-2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-5700HQ (Broadwell)-16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM-1TB 7200 rpm HDD + 128GB M.2 SSD-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU (6GB GDDR5)-15.6" UHD + 4K IPS Display-3840 x 2160
-Windows 8.1

Brad Ballew

PostMon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 pm

What confuses me is if ginirigs-usa.com is an american company, why did my rig come from korea? Also, if ginirigs.com is the legitimate original company then they seriously need to change their checkout system. It gives me an error message that says,

""Invalid PayPal Standard Configuration
In order to use PayPal Standard Checkout you must enter your PayPal Email Address in the Cart66 Settings Panel or use the WordPress page editor to replace the gateway shortcode on your store/checkout page with the checkout shortcode for the gateway you intend to use.""

I did just a little bit of research on cart66 and it sounds like a service that you pay for to that lets you check out places online. I am not sure though.. it is very confusing. I gave up on it and was going to buy from someone else before I heard about ginirigs-usa.com.

As long as their checkout system is broken then they will lose customers to counterfitters or other companies.
Brad Ballew

olivehouse

PostFri Mar 15, 2013 10:20 pm

I had the same questions about Gini Rigs. I decided to email the guy at Ginirigs-usa.com as I was confused about a few things. Found out the company ship directly from their factory in Asia, this is why they are so much cheaper, they dont have middle men. I ask him about the other website ginirigs.com as the guys at there claimed they had not heard of ginirigs-usa.com, and was informed that they are both working for the company but they are battling for sales.

I was told that the guys at Ginirigs.com have had problems with their website, its been down for a month, but the guy is still trying to drive sales away from the USA site, hence "not hearing of them" and "that they are supplying counterfeit products". Tom, from the USA site, seemed sound explained everything and said that he was not being childish about their rivalry was just telling customers whats happened and it was up to them to decide. So basically had a great sale pitch, so I went for it.

I went ahead and brought an Advanced Extreme 17 from http://www.ginirigs-usa.com and so pleased that I did. I know there are loads of good reviews on gini rigs, but better than I expected. They had a deal when I ordered, so had to order before I got my bmcc so have not tried them together yet. But attached a photo of it with my GH2 :)

Lorenzo Straight

PostSat Mar 16, 2013 1:01 am

Cool. Looks solid, olivehouse.
-Windows 8.1

olivehouse

PostWed Mar 20, 2013 5:19 pm

:). Glad that can be cleared up.

They now make a bmcc rig, http://www.ginirigs-usa.com/167-magic-rig.html, just after I ordered my Extreme 17 :(, but love it anyway. Anyone brought their 'Magic' Rig?

Would love it if they made a snug cage for the bmcc though.

rick.lang

PostWed Mar 20, 2013 5:48 pm

olivehouse wrote:I went ahead and brought an Advanced Extreme 17 from http://www.ginirigs-usa.com and so pleased that I did. I know there are loads of good reviews on gini rigs, but better than I expected. They had a deal when I ordered, so had to order before I got my bmcc so have not tried them together yet. But attached a photo of it with my GH2 :)

The Extreme 17 looks like a better deal than the Magic Rig designed for the BMCC.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Edgar Matos (Rocket)

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 12:07 am

Does anybody know about the gini slider G8. It seems solid. I would like to try it with the extreme 17

Any suggestions?

Hearnia

PostThu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Rocket wrote:Does anybody know about the gini slider G8. It seems solid. I would like to try it with the extreme 17

Any suggestions?

I've been deciding recently on sliders as well and I went with the Konova k2. Great price, great reviews, and a motor for time lapses already exists if I want to upgrade down the road.
vimeo.com/hearnstudios

Brad Ballew

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 5:35 am

Been a while since I checked this thread. Good to know that the USA company is legit. The other guys need to get their act together. I am sure their sales are hurting when their check out is essentially broken. :/

I really like my rig, and I agree with Rick.. it seems like a better deal than the BMCC one.
Brad Ballew

Return to Cinematography