Decklink 4k Extreme - Only Audio, Passthrough not working

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Faris Ruhi

Decklink 4k Extreme - Only Audio, Passthrough not working

PostFri Apr 14, 2017 2:43 am

Hi, I've been having this problem since I upgraded to Windows 10. Did a clean install. Installed the latest Desktop Video 10.8.6. I've tried using both a PS4 Pro and XB1S, neither's video signal is coming through. I've disabled HDCP on PS4 Pro, and XB1S is supposed to be disabled by default until something requiring HDCP starts up.

Audio comes through and is being detected by Media Express, video does not show up, regardless of whatever video format I set, and force a resolution for both the XB1s and PS4 Pro. The signal does not pass through via he hdmi out at all, my tv does not detect it. Adobe Premiere CS6 does not detect anything at all either. I've tried different cables as well to rule that out.

(using hdmi in and hdmi out)

Any suggestions?

Xtreemtec

Re: Decklink 4k Extreme - Only Audio, Passthrough not workin

PostSat Apr 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Try an older version of Desktop video and downgrade your card.. There are several reports lately of users getting audio but no video anymore when installing the latest drivers / software..

AT the moderators>> Please inform your techstaff.. see below topics..
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=57850
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=57794
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=58254
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=58144
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Faris Ruhi

Re: Decklink 4k Extreme - Only Audio, Passthrough not workin

PostMon Apr 17, 2017 8:39 pm

So rather than do a trial and error, going back version by version trying to find the one that works (because I know for a fact that the version before the current one didn't work for me, and a version a few months ago resulted in the same thing), I used the version that I had initially set this up with on my windows 7 comp, and it's working. Version 9.7.1

Return to Getting Started